Our client is seeking an experienced Director, Human Resources who possesses solid business acumen, enjoys a hands-on approach, and knows how to balance human capital needs with business imperatives. Reporting to the SVP of Operations, the Director, Human Resources will be responsible for directing a team of HR managers and business partners in handling employee relations, compensation and benefits administration, policy interpretation, recruiting, performance management, and payroll administration across three U.S. locations.
This role will work closely with senior leadership and department heads to deliver HR programs, employee benefits, and coaching/counseling for managers and employees. It requires a candidate with a keen ability to develop and foster relationships, manage managers and HR business partners, and partner with and influence business leaders throughout the organization.
* Manage team of 12 direct and indirect reports in the delivery of HR programs and service in all functional areas of HR in three locations.
* Work with senior leadership to identify and plan HR programs and change management initiatives.
* Manage outsourced vendor relationships and serve as HR Liaison to parent company’s HR organization.
* Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local legal requirements by staying abreast of existing and emerging legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
* Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
* Bring expertise and best practices to the broader HR team by leveraging experience across all HR functions including compensation, benefits, training and development, recruiting, employment law, and performance management.
* Stay abreast of current and best HR practices by participating in educational opportunities, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
* BA/BS degree with a graduate degree preferred.
* 15+ years of proven experience as a self-directed generalist with at least 5 years of team leadership or management.
* Strong communication, interpersonal, relationship building, and organizational skills.
* Keen business acumen with the ability to identify trends, recommend solutions, and provide follow-through post implementation.
* Articulate, decisive, and confident with a real ability to influence/guide managers and senior leaders.
* Change management experience highly desirable.
* Solid familiarity with employment law including FMLA, FLSA, and ADA in a multi-state environment.
* Strong HRIS skills, familiarity with ADP products preferred (experience with upgrades or migrations a plus).
* MS Office with solid Excel experience.
* Immigration experience is a plus.
* Ability to travel (20%).
If you are interested in this position then please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!