The Director, Human Resources (DHR) will act as a strategic leader for our client across various business units, managing a team of HR Business Partners to support their rapid growth. The DHR must possess significant HR functional knowledge to guide the development of HR strategies that will attract, develop, and retain top talent. This position requires an individual who can act as a senior consultant, build and execute strong HR strategies and initiatives, and manage and develop teams to support business unit needs, company culture, and overall objectives.
The DHR also helps plan and execute initiatives to improve the HR Business Partner function to build a world-class HR organization with strong employee engagement. As part of the HR leadership team, this role requires an experienced viewpoint based on business and organizational transformation, active collaboration, agility, and technical excellence. The DHR must have the ability to successfully partner with/counsel senior business leaders and functional HR leadership.
* Develop a high performing HR culture where HRBP team members can demonstrate their best abilities.
* Identify and adopt the creation and utilization of relevant internal and external tools and best practices.
* Partner with executives to drive business results by actively engaging in the development/execution of business strategies and aligning integrated HR strategies.
* Identify risks and opportunities across client organizations through metrics and analytics that capture organizational trends.
* Assess organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing HR solutions to support business objectives.
* Facilitate the development of business strategies to build organizational focus, efficiency, and speed.
* Serve as a strategic business advisor to executive team members on key organizational and management issues.
* Develop and integrate diversity and inclusion strategies into business and operating plans to ensure an inclusive approach to employees.
* Create and execute a lifecycle approach to talent management focused on forecasting, staffing, onboarding, development, performance management, succession planning, and talent retention.
* Lead organization design activities to streamline and implement new organization structures, roles, and processes that create speed and efficiency.
* Develop and implement change management strategies to support critical evolution of the business and achieve desired business results that are sustainable over time.
* Coach business leaders on leadership behaviors and practices, employee communication, development, and performance management strategies.
* Lead and coach an effective and efficient HRBP team to successfully support current and future business strategies. Lead change management activities and provide strong leadership to the HRBP team by encouraging diversity of thought, focusing on employee development and performance.
* Develop partnerships with HR functional teams (Compensation, Benefits, HRIS, Training, Organizational Development, Leadership Development, and Talent Acquisition).
* Proactively integrate HR functional partners into client strategies and projects, providing critical coaching and context to enable partners to make effective contributions.
* Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree with emphasis on Human Resource Management, Organization Development, or Business preferred. PHR or SPHR certification is a plus.
* 10+ years of experience as an HR Business Partner or equivalent, with specific experience in Strategy Development, Organization Design, Talent Management, Diversity & Inclusion, and Change Management.
* 5+ years of experience in leading and developing staff professionals.
* Proven ability to proactively translate changing business objectives to effective HR strategies.
* Relevant experience driving complex organizational design, talent, and change strategies to effectively align the organization and talent to deliver on new business objectives.
* Strong client relationship management skills and demonstrated experience in developing consultative relationships with executive leaders, including the ability to influence decision makers to think strategically and critically.
* Proven ability to make sound financial decisions as needed (i.e. overhead budget management).
* Ability to think strategically, synthesize complex business/financial data, and develop innovative and holistic HR solutions.
* Broad business and financial understanding with the ability to apply knowledge to human capital implications.
* Demonstrated ability to independently develop, drive, and contribute to overall strategy and business plans in a rapidly developing/changing environment.
* Knowledge of employment law strongly preferred.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!