We are conducting a retained search for two Corporate Human Resources Directors. Reporting to the VPHR, the Corporate Human Resources Directors are responsible for leading all aspects of HR to support the corporate functions through the identification and development of talent, prioritization of HR initiatives to align with, and support of overall business strategy. Key responsibilities include:
* Ensure effective talent management including recruitment, assessment, and development as the organization grows.
* Assist in the hiring of new employees by performing various recruiting functions, including staffing coordination, job requisition management, and offer letters.
* Assist managers in assessing and identifying resources to meet employee/departmental training needs.
* Manage annual performance management processes, including employee training and coaching, performance appraisal, staff development planning, and succession planning.
* Work as a key member of the leadership team in developing HR strategies to support business strategy/goals/initiatives.
* Translate functional strategy and objectives into goals, and develop plans in alignment with functional imperatives while assuring compatibility with enterprise values, ethics and policy.
* Plan, develop, implement, and administrate HR processes and programs to increase the productivity, competence, and effectiveness of the organization.
* Develop a solid strategic human resource plan to support and drive the needs of the function, including attracting, developing, and retaining top talent. Identify opportunities for process improvements.
* Consult with functional leaders to provide and make recommendations in such areas as talent acquisition, organizational assessment, performance and career management, compensation, succession planning, organizational structure, work force planning, and change management.
* Provide leadership in, and promotion of, a positive company culture by being an advocate for employees while achieving a balance with all levels of company goals.
* Provide direct supervision and leadership to function leaders to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capability.
* Coach senior leaders on complex leadership and HR issues to support business strategy.
* Work closely with country HR leaders and global divisional HR team to support changes across the functions/business.
* Counsel employees and managers regarding employee relations issues, including performance management, facilitation of formal/informal complaints to resolution, discipline and/or terminations in line with the business, and country/state/federal guidelines.
* Coach managerial/supervisory employees relative to interpretation and implementation of relevant HR policies, procedures, and programs.
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications for the Corporate Human Resources Director role include:
* Bachelor’s degree in business, HR, psychology, or related discipline.
* Eight to ten years of progressive experience in all aspects of HR.
* Varied experience supporting corporate, field, and manufacturing operations.
* Ability to consult with, challenge, and influence senior management to align processes and practices with functional objectives.
* Strong process and customer focus skills, including giving and receiving feedback, active listening, conflict resolution, negotiation, group facilitation, delegation, coaching, contracting, influencing, and visioning.
* Demonstrated critical thinking, ability to deal with ambiguity and complex problem solving, and project management skills.
* Demonstrated ability to manage both strategic and tactical execution of key HR initiatives.
* Strong analytical skills, process orientation, and business savvy.
* Results oriented with strong record of success in delivering on objectives in a highly ethical and professional manner.
* Ability to garner trust, respect, and support through business knowledge, functional competence, and professionalism.
* Experience leading global organizations from an HR perspective.
* Exposure to process improvement efforts (i.e. six sigma, practical process improvement, etc.) a plus.
* Solid business knowledge/orientation.
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
* Strong project management skills.
* Ability to use a high level of tact, diplomacy, discretion and empathy/understanding in a global environment across multiple cultures at all levels of the workforce.
* Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and manage associated workloads.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Self motivated and directed.
* Effective negotiating and influencing skills.
* Strong computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, email, HRIS, etc.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!