As a core member of the corporate global HR team reporting to the Senior Director, HR & Total Rewards, the Director, Compensation will provide leadership in managing global compensation and benefits to support the company’s businesses and growth. The Director will develop and lead a best-in-class compensation and benefits program to support the strategic direction of this high-growth company, and will provide leadership on all aspects of compensation and benefits for 3,000 employees worldwide.
Merit Review Cycle Management
* Develop and administer tools to ensure the success of the annual compensation/merit review cycle (base pay, short term incentives, long term incentives, etc.).
* Participate in salary surveys and develop salary bands, per country and job level, using external surveys and internal job levelling.
* Support the development of merit increase guidelines and communication materials.
* Partner with the HR Service Center in selecting IT solutions to streamline the annual compensation review process, including the implementation of a new compensation management tool.
* Consult with HR managers to ensure the management experience through this process exceeds expectations.
* Manage and consolidate compensation data as needed to ensure annual compensation reviews are within budget.
Variable Pay Management
* Administer and continuously improve the company’s variable pay programs (primarily the short-term incentive program), making sure employees are incentivized on the right performance indicators.
* Ensure incentive payments are accurately budgeted and forecasted.
* Oversee the sales incentives management process, ensuring payments are timely and aligned with sales performance.
* Support the implementation of the company’s job levelling across the company.
* Maintain the job levelling structure and ensure it is up to date.
Compensation System Support
* Partner with the HRIS team, functional HR, and other departments (including payroll) to optimize the way the company architects compensation data in its systems.
* Ensure the compensation structure aligns with the overall compensation philosophy.
* Certify that compensation data is accurate, uploaded, and reported efficiently.
* Lead the implementation of a new compensation management tool.
* Assist the HRIS team in finding systems to support annual compensation cycles (example: merit review) and/or on-going programs (example: reward & recognition).
On-Going Compensation Management
* Partner with HR managers in the preparation of compensation offers, ensuring market competitiveness and internal equity.
* Develop and manage relocation and international mobility packages.
* Manage projects to support the continuous improvement of existing compensation programs and/or support recommendations for new compensation strategies.
* Lead the development of new compensation programs as needed.
* Work with HR leadership team and HR analysts to continuously improve compensation and payroll operations.
* Contribute to compensation management communication across the company.
* Ensure existing rewards programs (including the company’s Rewards and Recognition Program) are managed optimally and promoted across the company.
Control and Compliance
* Certify that proper controls are in place to guarantee compensation programs are compliant and calculations and payments are accurate.
Strategic Support to Benefits Management
* Provide support around developing benefits strategies that align with the overall compensation philosophy.
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of the company’s benefits strategies.
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related field. An MBA is preferred.
* 10 years of HR experience in compensation and benefits, including at least 5 years of experience in global compensation. Experience in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, high-growth environment is a strong plus.
* Thought leader and high-performer with progressive experience in HR leadership, with a proven background as a trusted advisor to all levels across the organization.
* Strong business acumen and experience aligning HR best practices in compensation and benefits with the overall total rewards and business strategies.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong oral and written communication skills.
* Advanced project management, organization, and analytical skills.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.