The Senior Benefits and Compensation Analyst will provide support for the administration, analysis, and compliance of all benefit and compensation programs. This position reports to the Sr. Benefits & Compensation Manager.
* Analyze existing health & welfare and retirement benefits, making recommendations for new benefit and wellness programs, as well as modifications to existing programs that are in line with competitive trends, business needs, and financial parameters.
* Provide technical expertise regarding retirement plans, including defined benefit administration, as well as defined contribution plans. Complete all related compliance activities, including non-discrimination testing, Annual Form 5500s, annual plan audits, annual pension valuation, and financial disclosures.
* Participate in the management of specific benefits activities, including creating and managing the annual calendar and program project plans, and tracking using log/triage tools to report employee/customer interactions with the intent of analyzing trends/solutions and recommending creative solutions spanning across all benefit programs.
* Work with external service providers to build strong relationships, oversee vendor performance, identify further outsourcing opportunities, and lead all aspects of the open enrollment process.
* Assist in the development of communication materials to support employee understanding and engagement regarding all benefit offerings, including the development of materials to promote existing or new benefits plans and wellness programs, as well as any ongoing communication needs as plan or legislative changes occur. Leverage vendor relationships to their full extent regarding these elements.
* Ensure plans are in compliance with Federal, State and local benefits laws and regulations, including IRS code, ERISA compliance, and audit requirements. Manage legally required communications, notices, and plan documentation (SPDs, plan amendments).
* Develop and manage internal reporting and metrics of plans, and assist in the plan audits, including the ongoing monitoring of the annual benefits budget and identification of trends or issues to be addressed.
* Work in strong collaboration with Finance, Legal, and other internal customer groups in the planning and communication of updates and changes to plans and programs.
* Provide guidance on administration of benefit plans in accordance with plan provisions and plan documentation.
* Manage survey participation, including completion of questionnaires and data submission (job matching, reporting, analysis).
* Assist in annual cycle management, including merit cycle and annual bonus payment processes.
* Support the business and operations needs with benchmarking analysis and compensation guidance on individual positions (new positions, organizational changes).
* Follows up on commitments.
* Constant focus on raising the bar.
* Self motivated, responsive and accessible.
* Starts and persists with a specific course of action while exhibiting high motivation and a sense of urgency.
* Exhibits a “customer-first” attitude.
* Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
* Delivers quality results on or ahead of schedule.
* Identifies problems, evaluates several options and recommendations, and supports a solution.
* Stays focused on the real problem and doesn’t become side tracked.
* Ability and willingness to come up with creative solutions for problems.
* Ability to see the bigger picture and keeps this in mind when making decisions.
* Knows when to stop analyzing and debating an issue and make a decision.
* Uses logic, mathematics, or other problem solving tools in generating solutions.
* Ability to understand complex issues.
* Uses internal resources and staff effectively to achieve business goals.
* Develops accurate perception and understanding of others’ positions, feelings, needs, values, and opinions.
* Open to coaching and sees the value of different perspectives.
* Approaches conflict and adversity in a professional and productive manner.
* Uses reason when dealing with emotional topics, irate individuals, and demanding customers.
* Makes well thought out decisions and is appropriate and professional at all times.
* Awareness of and ability to get consensus among all necessary stakeholders when working on projects with others.
* Ability to get things done through Company employees, customers, and vendors by developing strong working relationships.
* Build credibility and rapport with a variety of management styles and levels across the company.
* Able to put own interests aside for the good of the group.
* Instills commitment and enthusiasm for high levels of performance.
* Displays a positive, “can-do” attitude.
* Supports others in their endeavors to achieve.
* Acts as a positive role model for others in their group.
* Presents ideas in a clear and concise manner.
* Expresses him/herself in an honest, positive, and up-beat manner.
* Writes clearly and effectively, documents activities, and presents ideas.
* Delivers concise, impactful, and creative presentations.
* Adheres to voicemail and email response expectations.
* Comfortable speaking one’s mind and supports the philosophy of discussing the “un-discussables”.
* Listens well and is focused when others are speaking.
* Able to effectively influence others.
* Is appropriately assertive.
* Effectively communicates with appropriate individuals through all phases of a project or task.
* Communicates “with” others, not “down” to them.
* Properly manages time, establishes priorities, and effectively schedules work to meet deadlines.
* Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
* Anticipates obstacles and develops contingency plans.
* Delivers projects and initiatives within budget requirements.
* Sets realistic SMAC goals that are relevant to department and company strategies.
* Focuses on the correct goals to drive the business.
* Self-motivated and self-disciplined
* Eager, resourceful, and takes initiative.
* Anticipates obstacles and develops contingency plans.
* Works well with little direction.
* Takes initiative to ensure goals are achieved.
* B.A./B.S. with a minimum of 5 years of increasingly responsible benefits and compensation experience.
* Technical expertise on varying types of benefit plan design and administration, wellness programs and strategies, and compensation principles (benefits and compensation certifications desirable).
* Strong analytical skills and the ability to build reports and data to support the ongoing management of benefits and compensation programs.
* Knowledge in benefits administration and related laws and regulations, including but not limited to ERISA, HIPAA, ADA, and FLSA.
* In-depth knowledge of benefits plans.
* Solid and progressive understanding of benefit and compensation administration operations and systems.
* Strong time and project management skills.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Outstanding written and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
* Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* High level of confidentiality.
* Experience in a very fast paced environment.
* Team player and team builder with superior skills as a collaborator across organizational functions.
* Able to see the challenge and be energized by the opportunity.
* Strong desire to grow and learn in HR, Health and Wellness, and Compensation as a professional.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com. Thank you!