The Director, Total Rewards is responsible for strategic direction and leadership of all aspects of Total Rewards for the Corporate Office and Sales functions, including overall management, design, administration, communication, compliance, vendor management, employee benefits and compensation, and all HR Shared Services in support of HR activities. The Director is also responsible for providing direction and guidance to Company facilities in Ohio and Pennsylvania for all benefits, compensation, and system related issues. This position reports to the Vice President of Human Resources.
* Establish strategy for benefits and continuously evaluate all benefits plans to ensure they are cost effective, competitive, and meet the needs of the company and employees. Identify opportunities for changes, including new vendors, plan design, and funding.
* Determine overall strategy for health & wellness, identify opportunities, and create and/or source programs to meet the needs of employees.
* Set agenda and lead all Benefits Committee meetings and activities. Present any proposed new programs or changes to programs for ratification. Review and report on efficacy and budgets for existing programs.
* Oversee implementation of any benefit changes from communication to employees to contract negotiations to HR systems.
* Ensure administration of all employee benefit programs, including medical, dental, vision, EAP, FSA, life, disability, and 401(k).
* Direct all Federal, State, and local compliance, filings, reports, and audits related to the administration of employee benefit programs, including ERISA. Ensure all plan documents and Summary Plan Descriptions are complete and updated, and 5500 Filings are filed accurately and in a timely manner. Prepare discrimination testing and oversee annual plan audits.
* Working with corporate finance staff, prepare annual budgets and track all benefit-related expenses on a regular basis; readjust forecast when necessary.
* Establish and maintain relationships with external service providers to ensure they are delivering services as expected.
* Serve as an escalation resource for employees on all employee benefit issues from interpreting plans, explaining the policies, processing requests, answering employee questions, and ensuring accurate records are kept.
* Plan, direct, and coordinate work activities of Total Rewards and Shared Services teams. Manage and develop team members.
* Determine appropriate communication strategy for specific initiatives (open enrollment, health and wellness) and develop employee education program to ensure employees understand benefits and available resources.
* Establish compensation strategy for the Company, ensuring that all compensation and reward programs and practices are aligned with the culture and business goals.
* Ensure that compensation programs and practices are competitive in the marketplace to support recruitment, engagement, and talent development activities. Design, develop, and implement any new programs or changes.
* Direct participation in strategic compensation surveys for use in competitive benchmarking of compensation and benefit programs.
* Complete periodic review of compensation structure, internal equity, and general compensation trends to ensure employees are competitively placed within their department as well as within the Company.
* Lead the development of annual salary budgets from collecting market data (general, industry specific, geographic) and model budget proposals.
* Lead the annual salary planning process with department heads; communicate budgets and process to management and managers, educate employees, provide reporting and data, collect recommendations, and coordinate review process with senior management.
* Oversee the Total Rewards team activities related to compensation processing and payments.
* Develop and implement communications that support the Company’s Total Rewards philosophy.
* Establish and direct all Shared Services functions, including HR projects management, core HR systems and administration, and scalable HR activities and processes.
* Work collaboratively with other partners within corporate and out-of-state HR and Corporate Finance to deliver highly efficient and exceptional customer service.
* Establish and manage overall relationship with external service provider to ensure service meets expectations. Stay abreast of product enhancements and developments.
* Identify opportunities to make HR activities/processes more streamlined and efficient.
* BA/BS required with professional certification or working towards designation for CEBS, CCP, and/or CBP. MBA preferred.
* 10 to 15 years of progressive Total Rewards experience.
* Demonstrated expertise in employee benefits and compensation strategy, planning, design, and implementation.
* Strong knowledge in the design, funding, compliance, administration, and communication of employee benefits and compensation programs.
* Proficiency in all Microsoft applications.
Well-developed understanding of HR systems, including Payroll, Benefits, Compensation, and core HRIS.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com. Thank you!