The Director will be responsible for developing and implementing a learning strategy that will help to drive the execution of the organizational strategy, and will be a progressive, innovative thinker who can develop learning solutions that align with company culture. The Director will collaborate and develop strong relationships with the Executive Director of Human Resources as well as key business leaders to create and execute a learning strategy. The process involves creating and redesigning programs, analysis of learning gaps, and the development of programs that will provide learning and development opportunities throughout various experience levels.
The Director will partner with and coach HR Business Partners to assist them to deliver classroom facilitation and content development, manage a team of consultants, and build an integrated approach to learning needs analysis, strategic learning plan development and implementation, and metrics reporting in full collaboration with partners and stakeholders.
* Drive business strategy initiatives and values through learning and development for staff.
* Effectively manage learning resources necessary to implement these plans.
* Be an innovative thinker.
* Manage the delivery of training and performance support solutions, including new hire and management development.
* Consult with management and employees to identify, analyze, develop, and implement strategies for handling organizational development interventions, including management and employee training programs.
* Manage Organizational Development (OD) strategies and processes.
* Serve as internal consultant and intuitional resources for organizational development and HR development issues.
* Manage training support functions. Drive improvement in training time to competency and performance execution.
* Support wide-scale organizational development initiatives, including leadership and management development, employee staff surveys, customer service, and change management.
* Build strong relationships with internal partners. Implement learning programs that will drive desired results.
* Influence and contribute to building a service culture. Instill processes and tools that will drive consistent service delivery and common service behaviors.
* Measure the impact of various learning programs to ensure the appropriate business outcome is derived. Assess opportunities for continued improvement, set goals, and establish metrics for success.
* Define and implement process improvement, tools, and technology to enhance processes for learning execution.
* Maintain a professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
* Set a strategy and manage learning management system as it relates to reporting and delivery of eLearning modules.
* Maintain HR website.
* Prepare budgetary recommendations that meet departmental goals and provide for effective management of resources.
* Directly manage professional and administrative staff as appropriate and necessary, as well as interns and external consultants.
* Coach HR Business Partners in classroom facilitation and content development.
* Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 10 years of related corporate training experience. MA, MS, or PhD in Learning, Organizational Dynamics, and/or Human Resources desirable.
* Proven experience with instructional design with experience designing and implementing various types of leadership development programs.
* Outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking, and presentation skills with a proven background in creating and modeling change.
* High energy, energetic, fast-thinking, creative leader with high ethical standards and self- awareness.
* Demonstrated experience driving large scale initiatives across an organization.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels, skillfully contract with HR and Line Management to develop service level agreements, delegate appropriately, and follow through with exceptional service to customers.
* Ability to deal with ambiguity, navigate through the grey, and deliver solutions developed in collaboration with others.
* Ability to build strong, productive relationships up, down, and across the organization.
* Ability to identify problems or new ideas without prompting, not waiting for others to take and/or call for action.
* Stays current and maintains a general understanding of learning resources and trends.
* Comprehensive knowledge of learning and development principles, including familiarity with instructional design, technology based learning, adult learning theory, skill development, change management, and process design.
* Credibility to influence employees, peers, and executive management.
* Strong user of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
* Ability to travel up to 40% within the greater Boston area.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!