Partnering with the CEO and Managing Directors of the Firm, the Director of Professional Development is expected to understand the intricacies of the Firms’ practice groups, strategic business plans, and the critical business issues going forward. The Director of Professional Development will be responsible for all aspects of Firm-wide attorney training and performance management and development.
This position reports directly to the Chief Administrative Officer. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the CAO on the performance evaluation process to infuse individual attorney evaluations with targeted professional development initiatives and experiences. Developing partnering relationships with the CEO, Managing Directors, Practice Group Leaders, and Associate Development Partners will be critical to impacting this role.
* Design, implement, and assess Firm-wide and practice group training curriculum and initiatives, including substantive legal trainings, soft skills trainings, and business development trainings:
– Coordinate logistical aspects of attorney training programs.
– Manage Continuing Legal Education (CLE).
– Coordinate with attorneys regarding training schedules, logistics, and materials.
– Coordinate with external vendors about training programs.
* Direct Firm-wide evaluation processes for all legal professionals, including collection of feedback, drafting of summary messages and delivery of reviews.
* Stay abreast of on-going performance management of attorneys:
– Propose development strategies and appropriate individual development actions to the Managing Directors.
* Manage income partner development and benchmarks.
* Participate and assist in compensation processes for legal professionals.
* Establish and manage professional development budget.
* Manage entry-level integration program.
* Collaborate with Recruiting team on Summer Program, including trainings and evaluations.
* Work to formulate more comprehensive mentoring programs.
* Collaborate with Best Practices Women’s Initiative and support efforts of the team.
* An attorney with legal experience with a medium or large law firm, and proven professional development experience.
* Competence with management development needs assessment, gap analysis and program development, implementation, and measurement.
* Strong knowledge of industry best practices and development resources in the marketplace.
* Must be a pragmatic, high energy, enthusiastic self-starter who has the personal and professional self-confidence to influence accomplished individuals in an environment of high professional standards.
* Creative, proactive and acts with sense of urgency.
* Poised, spirited, quick thinking, and highly approachable.
* Able to engage at an intellectually challenging level.
* Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to build consensus around issues as a member of a challenging and bright team of professionals.
* Possesses outstanding communication skills and personal demeanor to effectively represent the Firm.
* Team player.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com. Thank you!