The Director of Learning & Development will collaborate closely with the VP of HR, partners, and consulting staff to architect and operationalize a talent development strategy to raise the bar in a company deeply committed to its human capital. Our client is seeking a non-traditional candidate combining a range of experience, including exposure to professional services environments, strong project management and constituent management skills, above average written and verbal communication capabilities, and a high degree of creativity. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record leading a progressive learning and development function in a professional services environment.
* Design, develop, implement, and lead a robust strategic learning and development charter for the company.
* Conduct comprehensive and ongoing needs assessments to remain informed about primary learning objectives for all consulting and administrative positions and competencies.
* Lead the design, development, and delivery of a full curriculum for all positions utilizing multiple methods of delivery and covering both skill development as well as content knowledge development. Work closely with subject matter experts to ensure relevant content of the highest quality.
* Identify and formalize the consistent delivery of best learning and development practices across all offices and across all levels of the company.
* Plan and coordinate program delivery with the HR team, consulting staff, and coordinators across all locations, using multiple technologies and methods of delivery.
* Design and oversee all onboarding and orientation activities for new employees.
* Measure and evaluate return on investment and effectiveness of overall training initiatives, with continual efforts to innovate and improve.
* Evaluate the current career path architecture, potentially redesigning various components to maximize success at each career stage and to create a unique and compelling value proposition for employees.
* Collaborate with HR colleagues to align all aspects of performance management programs with overall approach to learning and development.
* Ensure performance evaluation content and approach effectively aligned with learning and development strategy.
* Work with consulting staff and HR team to enhance and execute the Advisor and Peer Mentor programs.
* Lead and implement an overarching organizational coaching strategy, managing a mix of internal and external coaching resources.
* Ensure all required training programs occur on a periodic basis (sensitivity, legal, interviewer, etc.).
* Lead internal communication efforts, ensuring employees have access to the information they need in order to do their jobs effectively. Oversee and manage internal corporate website.
* Determine, manage, and coordinate training resources (people and budget) necessary for high quality program design and delivery.
* Bachelor’s degree required with an advanced degree preferred.
* A minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience, preferably in professional services environment, with a proven track record of success in a learning and/or development leadership role.
* Expertise with agile curriculum design, large-scale project management, and operating in a professional services environment.
* Demonstrated success as an individual contributor in a high profile project management environment.
* Experience leading processes and people (ideally leading a function) with strong foundation of functional depth in organizational development, training, and education.
* Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
* Ability to partner, collaborate with, and influence executives. Capacity to listen, process, and respond to internal client needs.
* Ability to think strategically and willingness to deliver tactically.
* Demonstrated technical skills and comfort with technology as a medium for training delivery. Experience with Sharepoint preferred.
* Experience measuring results and demonstrating the impact of training programs.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!