Our firm is engaged in a search to identify a dynamic Human Resources leader for an exciting new role with a prestigious organization. Reporting to senior management, the Director, Human Resources (Director) provides HR expertise to develop and execute human resources strategy and plans for the company, and will serve as the HR partner to senior management on the development of human resources objectives as they relate to overall business direction. The Director develops and implements HR best practices with respect to policies, programs, and objectives that closely align with the company’s mission, goals, and cultural beliefs to ensure that all HR programs continue to support business objectives and drive employee performance.
The Director acts as a key advisor, business partner, and functional expert to senior leaders on people and organizational issues, and collaborates with leaders, senior management, and management to establish strategy for short and long-term goals and objectives. The Director develops strong working relationships with leaders to facilitate collaborative integration of HR and business goals through strategic planning. Partnering with senior management, the Director enhances and builds upon a positive, engaged culture that works to assimilate the interests, talents, and contributions of long service employees with newer colleagues in a high performing and inclusive workplace.
Essential functions of the role include:
* Develop and implement progressive recruitment and selection programs across all levels of the company. Design programs to improve performance around attracting and motivating top performers. Team with business leaders to build human capital through training programs and career path planning, allowing individuals to achieve their maximum potential.
* Recommend employee relations practices essential to employee engagement, organizational consistency, and legal compliance. Navigate and resolve all sensitive employee relations issues while maintaining the strictest degree of confidentiality.
* Remain well informed regarding relevant changes in employment, wage and hour, ERISA, FLSA, COBRA, and other federal/state regulations, and adapt policies to ensure compliance.
* Provide guidance to employees and support to managers on the performance management process, including feedback on evaluations prior to manager-employee meetings. Initiate development programs and other training initiatives to ensure employee development, retention, and advancement.
* Direct and oversee benefit programs including medical, dental, 401(k), disability, and life insurance, including ongoing evaluation and recommendations. Establish, communicate, educate, and optimize benefit programs that balance employee satisfaction and wellness with overall business objectives to offer the most competitive plan possible.
* Ensure that the compensation structure is aligned with the company’s compensation philosophy, as well as recruitment and retention goals, to maintain competitive salary levels.
* Establish systems capability in order to streamline processes and provide critical data for the development of HR strategy. Analyze, measure, and report on key HR performance indicators. Maintain a high-performing HR team that is both business and employee focused.
The ideal candidate for the Director, Human Resources role will possess a minimum of 10 years of progressive HR experience with broad generalist knowledge of employee relations, staffing, benefits, compensation, training and development, organizational development, and change management. Experience developing and implementing a total HR strategy for a small to mid-sized company is strongly preferred.
Additional requirements include:
* Bachelor’s degree with a Master’s degree preferred.
* Ability to lead, manage, and influence at all levels of an organization.
* Capacity to establish credibility quickly with both internal and external constituencies.
* Effective strategist with a proven track record of successful execution of HR initiatives.
* Sound judgment with solid negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
* Knowledge of employment laws and HR best practices.
* Hands-on, high energy, collaborative, and resourceful.
* Outstanding communicator, both verbal and written.
If you are interested in this position then please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!