Our client is seeking a qualified HR contractor to start this assignment in July or August and work until March of 2024. This is a hybrid role that requires working onsite in Boston every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (Mondays and Fridays are remote).
The contractor will partner with the Senior Payroll Manager with respect to all payroll, benefits, and HRIS administration. This role will help to ensure proper tax treatment, accounting, and disposition of withholdings such as taxes, deductions for benefits, and retirement contributions. The contractor will work in conjunction with Finance in performing internal audit and control procedures to ensure that all wages and taxes are accurate, and will exercise independent judgment and discretion in planning and carrying out the details of work procedures and methods. Additionally, the contractor will assist other HR team members with the administration and implementation of benefits, wellness, and HRIS tasks.
* Process payroll for hourly, salaried, and temporary employees, including reviewing and importing hours from time and attendance system, entering tax and direct deposit information, administering regulatory requirements, and other adjustments to pay as necessary.
* Execute on- and off-cycle payroll payments, including preparation of bonus accruals and other supplemental compensation accruals.
* Implement and maintain payroll best practices to improve efficiency and consult with HR team to improve payroll and HRIS processes.
* Manage pay for disability and paid LOA.
* Maintain employee records in payroll and HRIS systems.
* Administer the time and attendance policy and paid leave policy for all employees.
* Produce scheduled and ad-hoc reports pertaining to payroll and HR, and coordinate projects and reporting with the Senior HR Systems Analyst.
* Process accurate and timely year-end reporting, including W-2 forms.
* Maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
* Maintain complete electronic employee files, records, and other documentation, including processing new employees, forms for employment status changes, and maintaining timely and accurate files.
* Assist with all employee benefits and wellness programs, including enrollments and terminations, scheduling of events, coordination of presentations, and creation and editing of materials.
* Coordinate and conduct the employee onboarding process and benefit review with new hires to ensure understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions.
* Address benefit inquiries to ensure timely and accurate resolution.
* Participate in the creation and implement of a comprehensive annual wellness calendar that supports company objectives and employee needs across physical, medical, and financial wellness. Seek alignment to global, national, and local wellness events.
* Assist with all governmental regulatory mandates and ensure filings are performed as required.
* Plan, conduct, and report results of audits to ensure all enrollments are accurate and dependent information is correct for each employee. Work closely with Finance for quarterly and year-end audits (payroll, workers’ compensation, 401(k), etc.).
* Review, audit, and process monthly billings from providers and resolve discrepancies with carriers and payroll.
* Coordinate with third-party administrator to manage COBRA, disability claims, and LOA according to the plan. Respond to and manage unemployment claims and workers’ compensation cases.
* Support other ad-hoc projects as requested and undertake special projects as assigned.
* Foster teamwork and a positive work environment through frequent collaboration with other HR staff.
in promoting best practices. Back up other team members as required
* Identify opportunities to partner with internal Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to provide benefits and wellness programs and provisions in support of the ERGs.
* Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
* 2+ years of experience running multi-state payroll and working with benefit plans and HRIS data. Asset management and/or financial services experience is a plus.
* Strong technology skills and proficiency with MS Office suite of applications (especially Excel).
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Well organized, flexible, and comfortable dealing with confidential information
* Organized and efficient team player with a can-do attitude and service mentality.
* Ability to work independently with initiative as well as in group environment.
* Able to multi-task and be comfortable dealing with all levels of management.
Please email your resume to email@example.com to be considered for this contract role.