Our client is immediately seeking a contract Benefits Manager to manage the function until the role is filled by a new hire. The new hire may be the contractor (if appropriate) or an outside candidate. Based on this, we are presenting contract candidates, contract-to-direct candidates, and direct-hire candidates to our client for consideration. The Benefits Manager will be responsible for the strategic and operational leadership in all things benefits. Managing both strategy and philosophy, processes, policies, program design, implementation, and administration, this role will provide the strategic direction and execution for benefits across the organization. In addition, this individual will a) create and manage executive benefits infrastructure to support the attraction, retention, and motivation of staff, b) lead and manage the design and administration of all benefits and wellness programs, and c) ensure benefits are aligned with overall strategic objectives and the organization’s culture. Responsibilities include:
* Support preparation and delivery of materials as needed for Board of Trustee meetings.
* Oversee investment and retirement plan administration, working closely with legal and finance teams to ensure compliance.
* Reconcile invoices related to compensation programs and proactively manage relevant vendors, auditors, and consultant contracts.
* Lead, implement, and administer all health and welfare benefit programs and initiatives, ensuring competitive, sustainable, cost-effective plans and programs.
* Working closely with finance, establish and manage compensation- and benefit-related budget, prepare accruals, and provide audit support as necessary.
* Prepare internal and external reports related to benefits and wellness plans.
* Lead the annual open enrollment process.
* Ensure ongoing analysis and evaluation of services, coverage, and options available through insurance and investment companies to ensure programs best meet the needs of the organization.
* Prepare and review annual audit filings and monitor plans for compliance.
* Implement FMLA, leave, and ADA procedures in compliance with the organization’s policies and state/federal requirements. Provide related management support and training.
* Ensure compliance with all state/federal regulations, including but not limited to the Affordable Care Act/Health Care Reform, ERISA, HIPPA, FMLA, GINA, IRS, DOL, HHS, etc.
* Manage, coach, and develop staff in compensation, benefits, and payroll groups to establish priorities, delegate responsibilities, identify resources, and ensure high-quality and timely work product and exceptional customer service.
Requirements for the Benefits Manager role include:
* A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration, or related area of study is required. A Master’s degree or certification as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) is preferred. Professional certification(s) such as Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) or Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) desired.
* 5+ years progressive leadership in large, complex organizations creating and leading benefits and total rewards programs, including significant experience in the design and implementation of complex benefits programs. Must have experience and working knowledge of benefit survey systems and processes.
* Demonstrated knowledge of HR operations and service delivery with specific experience in the areas of benefits and wellness, including plan design, administration, and industry best practices.
* Thorough knowledge of both total rewards theory and practices, as well as relevant federal, state, and local laws.
* Relevant experience managing and coaching teams.
* Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (including Word, Excel, and Outlook) and experience using Workday HRIS platform or related system.
* Knowledge and experience managing ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, and emerging regulatory issues.
* Experience preparing high level materials, briefings, and presentations.
* Ability to professionally handle confidential material and associated issues.
* Strong team player and willingness to assist team members as needed.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please send your resume to email@example.com to be considered for this role.