Our client is a midstream logistics and marketing company, as well as a leader in the logistics of transporting crude oil and other energy products via rail, establishing a “virtual pipeline” from the mid-continent region of the U.S. and Canada to refiners and other customers on the East and West coasts. They own, control or have access to one of the largest terminal networks of petroleum products and renewable fuels in the Northeast, and are one of the largest wholesale distributors of gasoline, distillates, residual oil, and renewable fuels to wholesalers, retailers, and commercial customers in New England and New York. With a portfolio of approximately 1,000 locations in nine states, our client is also one of the largest independent owners, suppliers, and operators of gasoline stations and convenience stores in the Northeast. In addition, they are a distributor of natural gas, and hold a respected position on the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations.
It is expected that functional specialists will serve as excellent business partners to internal clients. The Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) will manage both their day-to-day operating duties as well as serve as a confidante and senior advisor to the CEO and the senior management team. The company is at a unique point in its transformation from a smaller, localized company to a Fortune 200 company. The CHRO will be a key factor to the organization’s ability to acquire the necessary talent capable of leading the company through this transformation process. The CHRO will use a combination of intelligence, human resources functional expertise, and sensitivity to the company’s straightforward culture in order to lead this transformation. Key responsibilities include:
* Strategic Partner: Serve as a strategic partner to senior management on the development of human resources objectives as they relate to specific operations and the company’s overall business direction. Provide ongoing communication and strategic counsel to the CEO and other key members of the management team.
* HR Best Practices: Provide strong and effective leadership as the company’s principal architect regarding human resources strategy, practices, and processes. Develop and implement HR strategies, approaches, and policies, and make recommendations to ensure that the HR programs continue to be aligned with the business strategy and drive employee performance.
* Talent Pipeline and Leadership Development: With the increased focus on talent management, play a key role in improving performance around attracting, motivating, and rewarding top performers. Build the human capital of the organization through career path planning, including cross-training and developmental assignments that prepare individuals to achieve their maximum potential. With managers, develop a strategy regarding succession planning and the development of high potential leaders.
* Culture Building: Partner with senior management to help enhance a positive, engaged culture that works to assimilate the interests, talents, and contributions of long service employees with newer colleagues. Build “esprit de corps” throughout the organization as the next chapter unfolds in the company’s history.
* Agent of Change: Be the human resources change agent, strengthening the company and its culture by directing company-wide programs deemed critical to improving the business and its processes and execution, while also helping to drive down costs by finding the most cost-effective systems and processes.
* Bachelor’s degree required with a Master’s degree preferred.
* 10 to 15 plus years of significant HR and/or general management experience with best in class organizations.
* Proven experience building a world class HR organization in a high talent organization.
* Experience managing an innovative organization through a growth curve. Broad leadership experiences outside of classically defined HR generalist roles, especially related to situations involving family-owned businesses, start-up, and/or geographic expansion are a plus.
* Demonstrated success in a company structure and culture that has achieved success as part of a senior leadership team in a fast-paced, flat, flexibly structured organization.
* Proven experience successfully influencing senior leaders in an organization with strong opinions.
* Hands-on, high energy, roll-up-the-sleeves personality.
* Outstanding communicator, both verbal and written.
* Professional, resourceful, and action-oriented.
* Ability to establish credibility quickly with both internal and external constituencies.
* High energy, disciplined, and focused.
* Even-tempered and balanced.
* Able to collaborate cross-functionality.
If you are interested in this position then please submit your resume to email@example.com. Thank you!