Reporting directly to the President/CEO and performing as a key member of the senior leadership team, the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) is responsible for both the strategic direction and hands-on execution and communication of Human Resources policies, programs, and practices in support of the organization’s mission and goals. The CHRO is responsible for oversight for all aspects of the HR function and building a high performing team focused on the organization’s evolving and growing needs, standardization of programs and processes, exceptional delivery of services, and financial viability of programs. The CHRO advises clinical and operational leaders on organizational design, counsels on people and talent issues, assesses organizational capabilities, and develops plans to close talent gaps.
* Develop and lead HR strategy, operations, and the development of sophisticated programs and initiatives aligned to overall strategic direction and growth.
* Support organizational changes (restructuring, acquisitions, mergers) providing appropriate solutions for the business from an HR and operational perspective. Provide clinical and operational leaders with appropriate change management solutions with a focus on personnel and performance matters.
* Serve as an advisor regarding the organizational HR function, employee behavior issues, and organizational benefit offerings to the CEO, senior leadership team, Chairs/Chiefs, and Chief Administrative Officers and department managers.
* Evaluate the HR structure, goals, and performance measures for the continuous improvement, efficiency, and effectiveness of the function.
* In collaboration with the Chiefs of Service and senior leadership team, develop Total Rewards philosophy and supporting policies and practices. Ensure all reward programs, including benefits, compensation, recognition, and development programs are competitive, sustainable, scalable, and have the intended impact on the short and long term performance of the organization. Align rewards programs to ensure they optimize the organization’s ability to attract top talent.
* In collaboration with the Chief Financial Officer, engage the Benefits Advisory Committee (BAC) to regularly assess, communicate, and evaluate the effectiveness of benefit programs across the organization. In consultation with the Chief Financial Officer, develop an annual calendar of activity with the BAC Chair to proactively manage the process and set BAC expectations.
* In conjunction with the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Legal Officer, manage the vendor relationships that comprise the self-insured health and dental plan and other respective benefit offerings and contracts, ensuring the organization is maximizing each relationship, methodologies for analysis are agreed to, decisions are timely, compliance requirements are met, and vendor SLA agreements are met. Regularly assess all benefits to ensure best plan for best price, consistency in application, simplification of administration, compliance with regulatory requirements, and appropriate allocations of costs to departments.
* In collaboration with the Controller, adhere to the appropriate management controls, and ensure terms and conditions of all benefit programs are in place.
* Lead and monitor HR Information System needs and design new or modify existing functional systems and processes to meet changing requirements. Work with established internal protocols (Governance, Change Control, etc.) to recommend, evaluate, and implement short and long term solutions.
* Working with IS, Accounting and Finance, and others as appropriate, responsible for the design, implementation, upgrades, and data integrity of HRIS and other HR-related systems. Analyze HR data resources across business processes and solutions, and analyze, develop, and document HR business processes aligned to HR policies and programs.
* In concert with the senior leadership team, develop, plan, execute, and measure technology solutions that enhance the performance and execution of programs and work.
* Develop and deliver educational information to promote a positive provider relations environment while holding all staff to the highest standards of accountability. Working in concert with Legal, coach and support clinical and administrative leaders in developing consistent methods of managing performance issues.
*Implement and measure effective two-way communication strategy, enhancing the provider experience and addressing the needs of segmented audiences across the network. Develop tools and technology solutions to improve the organizational brand and facilitate information to and feedback from providers, which in turn informs future communication and programming.
* Develop enterprise-wide solution or tracking provider issues, their cost to the organization, and impact of education and training.
* Develop talent management strategies, ensuring high performance goals are achieved through performance feedback, team and individual development opportunities, and succession planning.
* In collaboration with Vice President of Network Operations, department leadership, and other stakeholders, develop, implement, and refine assimilation and onboarding initiatives to ensure early and sustained provider engagement and improved experience.
* Work closely with the Vice President of Network Operations, the Legal Department, and other stakeholders to implement workplace practices to further enhance and facilitate provider engagement and simplification/consistency in processes and work.
* Ensure all HR policies and programs are compliant with government rules and regulations, including but not limited to ERISA, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, COBRA, OSHA, and Worker’s Compensation. Fulfill all compliance and reporting requirements and support other functional areas with their needs for HR-related information for reporting.
* Develop and monitor the HR budget and articulate any variances.
* Develop policies that meet the organization’s growing needs, with a focus on increased consistency of practice and elimination of duplication.
Qualifications and Experience
* 10+ years progressively responsible leadership experiences working in all aspects of Human Resources Management, including benefits. Healthcare experience strongly preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate with the senior leadership team to build agreement on HR strategy and tactics. Demonstrated ability to resolve complex problems impacting people, processes, and programs.
* Demonstrated success serving as a trusted advisor to senior leadership team members. Able to appropriately express divergent views and challenge the status quo.
* Able to lead collaborative efforts, as well as interact as both a team leader and team player.
* Ability to lead through change and strategic growth.
* Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to relate well to all levels of the organization, build appropriate rapport, use tact and diplomacy, and comfortably diffuse high-tension situations.
* Ability to manage competing priorities and think and plan systematically.
* Must possess a high degree of creativity, patience and energy, and a sense of humor.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.