Reporting to the President & CEO, the Chief Human Resources Officer will provide leadership around developing and executing HR strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, organizational and leadership development, training and development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, and total rewards. The Chief Human Resources Officer will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, and managing all human capital related activities, as well as serving as a strategic business partner to the President & CEO and senior leadership team.
* Lead and manage the HR function and team as a strategic and tactical human resources business partner. Enhance and develop talent acquisition, talent management, performance management, leadership and development, succession planning, total rewards, and diversity and inclusion programs. Offer leadership, professional, and career development and guidance to the members of the HR team to continue building a best practices HR function.
* Serve as a strategic partner to senior management on the development of business strategies and objectives. Ensure complete alignment between business plans and HR strategies. Provide ongoing communication and strategic counsel to the President & CEO and other key members of the senior leadership team.
* Provide strong and effective leadership as the principal architect regarding human resources strategy, practices, and processes. Develop and implement HR strategies, approaches, and policies, and make recommendations to ensure that HR programs continue to be aligned with the business strategy and drive employee performance.
* Partner with senior management to help enhance a positive, engaged culture that works to assimilate the interests, talents, and contributions of tenured employees with new hires. Ensure the visibility of HR and promote a positive presence with employees through effective program rollout and communication.
* Establish and implement HR practices that effectively convey and support the Company’s vision. Deliver human resources solutions that are consistent with corporate, legal, and ethical standards.
* Educate the client community on HR forward-thinking trends and, where appropriate, influence the adoption of competitive practices in collaboration with the senior leadership team. Lead and influence change management initiatives in a confident yet thoughtful manner.
* Ensure that HR technology is in place to meet current and future prospective business objectives. Stay current with emerging HR technologies and integrate as appropriate to deliver efficiencies to staff and managers.
* Recommend employee relations practices essential to promotion of employee engagement, organizational consistency, and legal compliance, will remain well informed regarding relevant changes in employment, wage and hour, ERISA, FLSA, COBRA, and other federal/state regulations, and will adapt policies to ensure compliance.
* With an increased focus on talent management, play a key role in improving performance around hiring, motivating, and rewarding top performers. Build the human capital of the organization through performance management, training and development, and career path planning that prepare individuals to achieve their maximum potential. Partner with senior managers to develop a strategy for succession planning and development of high potential leaders. Design comprehensive recruiting/retention plans to meet the human capital needs and strategic goals of the organization.
* Develop and oversee human resources programs that contribute to the acquisition, engagement, development, and retention of high performance/high potential employees throughout the organization. Establish creative models for attracting diverse talent across all business lines, including social media presence and employer branding initiatives.
* Establish and execute talent acquisition strategies that are in line with the overall objectives of the Company. Implement programs and systems to attract, retain, and motivate employees. Plan for future talent needs and build the employer brand in the marketplace.
* Develop and lead a best in class total rewards initiative/team that supports the strategic direction of the organization and provide leadership on all aspects of compensation, benefits, and HR systems. Provide leadership around aligning and developing performance-based compensation programs for employees to ensure they drive employee performance.
* Ensure compensation structure is in alignment with the Company’s compensation philosophy, as well as its recruitment and retention goals.
* Establish organizational performance management programs that align with the key initiative of viewing human capital as a strategic asset. Coach senior management to set clear, meaningful goals and objectives, and use metrics to measure performance. Provide coaching and development discussions to educate the senior management team in all business groups.
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or a related field. Master’s degree in Business or Human Resources preferred.
* Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in HR. High integrity, creative leader with experience in all aspects of HR management and a track record of superior leadership and management. Broad knowledge of all HR functional areas and technology, with a background in compensation. Small organization experience required and insurance industry experience desired.
* 5+ years of experience as a member of a senior leadership team of an organization.
*Proven experience as a trusted advisor to senior leadership and all levels across the organization. Strong business acumen and experience aligning HR best practices with overall business objectives.
* Ability to cultivate influential and credible relationships with executives and senior leaders across the company.
* Thought leader with demonstrated success in the development and execution of talent management, performance management and succession planning programs, organizational and leadership development, and training and development at every level of the enterprise.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to present at executive and Board level.
* Deep knowledge of employment laws, compliance, and best practices with the capacity to remain current with changing laws and regulations, ensuring the organization is compliant and has programs in place to support these requirements.
* Innovative thinker with a strategic and tactical orientation, strong planning skills, and attention to detail.
* Experience with the design and administration of executive compensation, defined benefit, and defined contribution plans is a plus but not required.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.