The Benefits and HRIS Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and administering the company’s benefits strategy, programs and policies, and owns HRIS administration. The Manager evaluates competitive practices, recommends actions and/or programs, and interprets regulations, policies and procedures. The Manager is responsible for planning and communicating benefits offerings for the company and maintains professional relationships with benefits brokers and vendors.
Essential functions for the Benefits and HRIS Manager role include:
* Manage benefits administration for all US and Canadian offices.
* Manage renewal negotiations with employee benefit vendors and brokers. Also manage day-to-day relationship with brokers, vendors, and employees.
* Partner with VP of HR to plan and communicate employee benefits strategy and offerings for the company.
* Responsible for benefit plan changes, open enrollments, health and welfare plan administration (disability [STD, LTD], HCRA, DCRA, Life, Medical, Dental, employee 401(k) program), employee exit program, transportation programs, and LOA administration.
* Reconcile monthly vendor invoices.
* Assist with time and attendance management and record keeping.
* Document benefits-related workflow processes.
* Manage and maintain company-wide HRIS.
* Provide regular management reporting of key HR metrics.
* Serve as HR and IT liaison for all HRIS updates, issues, and resolutions.
* Troubleshoot all HRIS issues.
* Provide project management for any related software changes/upgrades and implementation.
* Maintain benefits information on internal intranet site.
* Collaborate with Finance team on payroll administration and any changes in employee status.
* Manage new employee enrollment and benefits orientation program.
* Manage all benefits related compliance activities such as ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, and ADA as required by federal and state regulations.
* Maintain benefits related HR procedures, policies, and practices, as well as employee files.
* Responsible for management of one direct report as well as various HR projects.
Requirements for the Benefits and HRIS Manager role include:
* Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field.
* Equivalent of 8 to 10 years of experience in benefits and HRIS, preferably in a professional services firm.
* HRIS software selection and implementation experience preferred. Exposure to Canadian benefits administration a plus.
* Strong PC capability (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Experience with Ultipro is strongly preferred.
* Hands on management style required, and willingness to pitch-in as an individual contributor is essential.
* Experience managing administrative staff.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com. Thank you!