The Manager will develop, implement, and administer health & welfare and retirement strategies, programs and policies, oversee HRIS strategy and implementation, plan and communicate benefits offerings, and maintain professional relationships with benefits brokers and vendors. In addition, the Manager will evaluate competitive practices, recommend actions, policies and programs, and ensure plans remain compliant with required regulations.
* Health & Welfare Benefits Administration – Oversee benefits administration and workflow processes for all offices, including three offices outside of the U.S. Manage the renewal process, open enrollment, and vendor relationships and selections. Along with Co-Chief Administrative Officer, plan and communicate employee benefit strategy and offerings. Together with the Benefits Specialist and Benefits Coordinator, serve as a point of contact for employee inquiries related to health and welfare plans, including medical/dental, life/disability [STD, LTD], flexible spending accounts, and other ancillary benefits. Support the financial management of the benefits program, including budgeting, invoice reconciliation, and cost analyses.
* Retirement Plan Administration – Manage and administer the U.S. 401(k) and Deferred Compensation programs, along with pension plans for Canada and the United Kingdom. Ensure plans remain compliant through proper administration, documentation, and reporting. In collaboration with retirement plan consultants and Co-Chief Administrative Officer, prepare and review materials for the 401(k) and pension plan partner committee meetings. Serve as primary contact for employee retirement inquires and plan consultants and record-keepers. Prepare and review employee deduction reports and funds deduction files with retirement plan vendors. Manage the open enrollment process for the Deferred Compensation plan.
* Benefits Compliance – Ensure all U.S. health and welfare plans are compliant with federal statutes under the PPACA, ERISA, DOL [COBRA, FMLA, ADA], and IRS. U.S. compliance requirements include keeping plan documents and SPDs up-to-date, Form 5500 filings, disseminating required communications and documentation to employee population (e.g., Forms 1095-C, SARs, SPDs), and providing data and submitting filings for various federal and state requirements. In addition, oversight of state and global compliance obligations is required.
* Leaves of Absence Administration – Manage the leave of absence process, including compliance with state, federal, and global regulations, filing of disability claims, and providing guidance to employees.
* HRIS – Oversee company-wide HRIS strategy and approach. Provide regular management reporting of key HR metrics. Serve as the HR and IT liaison for all HRIS updates, issues, and resolutions. Troubleshoot all HRIS issues. Provide project management for any related software changes/upgrades and implementation. Maintain benefits information on internal intranet site.
* Payroll – Collaborate with Finance team on payroll administration, communicating actively with Finance on all changes in employee status.
* New Employee Onboarding – Manage new employee benefits enrollment and benefits orientation program.
* Policy/Procedures – Maintain benefits-related HR procedures, policies and practices, as well as employee files.
* HR Projects – Manage various HR projects.
* Management – Manage a Benefits Specialist and Benefits Coordinator.
* Bachelor degree required.
* Equivalent of 10+ years of experience in benefits and HRIS, preferably in a professional services firm. HRIS software selection and implementation experience required. Exposure to Canadian and U.K. benefits administration a plus.
* Hands on management style required, and willingness to pitch in and operate as an individual contributor is essential.
* Strong analytical skills, ability to identify trends and errors in reporting.
* Experience with Ultipro is strongly preferred. Strong PC capability (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Exceptional customer service orientation is required.
* Experience managing administrative staff.
* Team player, willingness to assist other HR functions when needed.
* Able to effectively work independently and within a team.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
* Demonstrate good judgment and decision making under pressure.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.