Our firm is engaged in a search to identify a dynamic HR leader for an industry leader in cost containment. Reporting to the President & COO, the AVP or VP of Human Resources (AVP/VP) provides HR expertise to develop and execute human resources strategy and plans for the company, and will serve as the HR partner to senior management on the development of human resources objectives as they relate to overall business direction. The AVP/VP develops and implements HR best practices with respect to policies, programs, and objectives that closely align with the company’s mission, goals, and cultural beliefs to ensure that all HR programs continue to support business objectives and drive employee performance.
The AVP/VP reports to the President & COO and directs all aspects of the human resources function, supporting and aligning HR with overall business strategy. Partnering with senior management, the AVP/VP enhances and builds upon a positive, engaged culture that works to assimilate the interests, talents, and contributions of employees in a high performing and inclusive workplace. The AVP/VP will direct and lead the following critical areas:
* Culture and Values – Act as the ambassador of company culture, constantly seeking ways to identify and reinforce the behaviors that exemplify company values with innovative programs and activities (work related, philanthropic, etc.).
* Recruitment – Lead a comprehensive recruitment and talent acquisition process to attract, develop, retain, and engage a high quality workforce. Build strategic human capital programs and continue to promote and augment employer branding in support of these objectives.
* Talent Management – Identify internal leadership candidates, and recruit and develop talent for other areas within the company. Establish programs that enhance career development.
* Employee Engagement – Act as cultural steward to continue to support company core values and work culture. Demonstrate behavior consistent with these values and articulate and shape company culture in program and activity development.
* Coaching and Professional Development – Evaluate coaching and leadership development needs, and work with senior leadership to augment the leadership skills of managers, supervisors, and employees throughout the company. Direct the creation and administration of individual development plans and identify resources required to deliver these programs.
* Performance Management – Develop and guide the standards of the performance and talent review process by providing training, coaching, and specific guidance as applicable. Provide coaching and counsel to supervisors, management, and staff to resolve conflicts and/or address job performance issues while providing effective performance communications.
* Employee Relations – Recommend employee relations practices essential to employee engagement, organizational consistency, and legal compliance. Navigate and resolve all sensitive employee relations issues while maintaining the strictest degree of confidentiality.
* Benefits Administration – Maintain all benefit-related relationship programs and provide ongoing evaluation and recommendations. Establish, communicate, educate, and optimize benefit programs that balance employee satisfaction and wellness with overall business objectives to offer the most competitive plan possible.
* Human Resources Policy – Develop and implement HR policies, programs, and objectives that closely align with the company’s mission, values, goals, and cultural beliefs.
* Compliance – Ensure compliance with all State and Federal legal compliance policies and regulations. Manage internal communication for all HR related activity. Maintain highest level of business ethics and promote those ethics company-wide.
* Systems and Reporting – Establish systems capability in order to streamline processes and provide critical data for the development of HR strategy. Analyze, measure, and report on key HR performance indicators. Maintain a high-performing HR function that is both business and employee focused.
The ideal candidate for the AVP/VP role will possess a minimum of 7 to 10 years of progressive HR experience with broad generalist knowledge of employee relations, staffing, benefits, compensation, training and development, and organizational development. Experience developing and implementing a total HR strategy for a small to mid-sized company is strongly preferred. Additional requirements include:
* Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with a Master’s degree preferred.
* Ability to lead, manage, and influence at all levels of an organization.
* Capacity to establish credibility quickly with both internal and external constituencies.
* Strong knowledge of HR best practices and procedures, including current knowledge of State and Federal legal compliance regulations and policies related to HR.
* Expertise in all aspects of recruiting and retention with exceptional skills in talent assessment, development, and management.
* Hands-on, high energy, collaborative, and resourceful.
* Outstanding communicator, both verbal and written.
* Excellent MS Office and analytical skills.
If you are interested in this position then please submit your resume to email@example.com. Thank you!