The Assistant Director, Retirement Programs is responsible for the effective management of the retirement programs, including the development and execution of project deliverables. This person will have oversight for reporting requirements and provide broad support and collaboration with the benefits staff and cross-functional teams to execute day-to-day operations as well as special projects. The role is primarily focused on the initiatives and management of the overall program design, compliance, operations, and retirement counseling.
* Lead the program design, administration, and educational plan to deliver compliant retirement management of the defined benefit/contribution, tax deferred annuity, and non-qualified plans.
* Lead the strategic plan to deliver and execute major retirement benefits program changes that will include development of the process and prioritization while managing competing priorities.
* Collaborate with financial staff to ensure audits, government reporting, and deliverables are completed correctly and timely.
* Analyze existing practices and processes to ensure they support and align with the organization’s employee benefits objective and meet compliance requirements.
* Develop metrics and evaluate ongoing vendor performance and related services to ensure programs are effective.
* Educate and train Benefits staff to ensure appropriate retirement counseling is presented to organization.
* Collaborate with internal departments to ensure the retirement benefits communications strategy and total retirement/financial education programs are appropriate for all participants.
* Establish and maintain relationships with peers, managers, stakeholders, and external partners to ensure successful project outcomes.
* Manage, coach and develop staff.
* Bachelor’s Degree with at least 10 years of progressive experience in employee benefits administration with emphasis on retirement programs.
* In-depth knowledge of retirement benefit policies, practices, and processes, and experience in implementing major changes to plan design (including education outreach and client counseling).
* Ability to interact with all levels of management and team members, and influence and negotiate with external vendors.
* Demonstrated skills in relationship management.
* In-depth technical knowledge and understanding of the Pension Protection Act and ERISA.
* Demonstrated success leading and delivering project deliverables in large, complex organizations.
* Excellent leadership skills with the proven ability to positively influence and direct diverse teams and quickly gain their trust.
* Proven ability to successfully plan, implement, and effectively execute change.
* Proven experience in managing comprehensive, complex, and highly visible projects.
If you are interested in this position then please submit your resume to email@example.com. Thank you!