The Vice President, Talent Management and Inclusion (VPTI) will be primarily focused on providing services to the organization and will be charged with developing and implementing strategies and programs to support the growth and strategic direction of the team while engaging and developing its employees. The VPTI will lead key aspects of the HR function, including Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Talent Acquisition, Organizational Development, Workforce and Succession Planning, Performance Management, Learning and Development, and Compensation Strategy.
The VPTI will serve as a trusted advisor to, and collaborator with, the leadership team, providing guidance and expertise on all people matters. The VPTI will report to one of the three Managing Directors (who jointly manage the organization) and will also interact frequently with the other two Managing Directors. The VPTI and the Vice President, HR Operations and Shared Services will be peers and will work collaboratively to deliver “best in class” human resources services and practices. Additionally, the VPTI and Vice President, HR Operations and Shared Services will recruit and hire an additional HR professional who will report to both of them.
For this position, the expectation is that the VPTI would initially work in the office at least two days a week and be available to come in more frequently as necessary. All current employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19, and new employees are required to be fully vaccinated (including the booster) by their date of hire, unless a medical or religious exemption has been approved by the VP, HR Operations and Shared Services.
The VPTI will develop, maintain, and direct a comprehensive and integrated talent management program that includes recruitment, onboarding, training, professional development, employee engagement, retention, and succession planning. The VPTI will serve as a strategic partner to senior leadership focused on a talent agenda designed to attract, develop, and retain the best talent in the industry. Additional talent management responsibilities include:
- * Lead strategic thinking and “best in class” planning and execution related to talent management and related organizational development and structures.
- * Build the human potential of the organization through career and role planning, including cross-training and developmental assignments that prepare individuals to achieve their maximum potential. With leaders/managers, develop a strategy regarding succession planning and the development of employees.
- * Establish a leadership pipeline and talent review process that improves the depth and breadth of internal talent and skills across the organization.
- * Develop and implement strategies that demonstrate employee value and appreciation, including ongoing development programs to build the capacity of all employees to work together effectively, respectfully, inclusively, and equitably.
- * In partnership with the VP, HR Operations and Shared Services, take responsibility for the employee experience from the first encounter with the organization, and help create and refine strategic programs to drive engagement and enhance the culture.
- * Provide support to managers regarding employee attraction, development, and retention matters, including performance management, leadership coaching, and employee development.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
In collaboration with leadership and other organizational departments, the VPTI will act as a strategic partner to drive the organization’s DEI vision and strategy and will advocate and lead ongoing efforts and initiatives on diversity, equity, and inclusion to demonstrate it as central to the achievement of overall strategic goals. The VPTI will foster a culture of inclusion and belonging where employees can bring their whole selves to work and thrive, supporting the inclusive workplace culture through a continuous DEI learning agenda that promotes diversity, inclusion, and belonging, and disrupts unconscious bias, microaggressions, and discrimination. Additional DEI responsibilities include:
- * Build upon the established DEI foundation, facilitate moving the organization into the next phase of its DEI journey, and excite and engage staff at all levels.
- * Lead the DEI Working Group to inform practices and initiatives.
- * Set, manage, and track key organizational DEI metrics to measure program effectiveness.
- * Work collaboratively with counterparts to find opportunities to work together, from time to time, on DEI efforts.
- * Develop internal and external connections, leveraging DEI best practice to influence, support, and facilitate ongoing organizational change with fresh insights and proposals.
Other HR Functional Areas
- * Compensation – Design and administer the organization’s compensation programs, recognition programs, and other forms of compensation. Provide consultative leadership around aligning and developing performance-based compensation programs to boost employee performance and engagement.
- * HR Systems – Partner with the VP, HR Operations and Shared Services to ensure that HR technology is in place to meet current and future prospective organizational objectives. Stay current with emerging HR technologies and implement new technology as appropriate.
Humility – Recognize that better results are often achieved by embracing the wisdom and experience of others. Put the needs of the organization first and operate in a transparent fashion.
Integrity – Build trust through consistently-ethical behavior. Understand the importance of discretion when entrusted with sensitive and personal information.
Long-Term Orientation – Recognize the impact of compounding as it relates to relationships, knowledge, and culture. Be comfortable designing for the future while managing day-to-day HR matters. Anticipate risks and propose practical plans to mitigate them. Appreciate HR’s impact and how HR is an integral part of the organization’s continued success.
Builds Relationships – Recognize the importance of collaboration and approach others with kindness, support, and respect. Ability and comfort level to build and nurture relationships at all levels.
Driven by Results – Strive for impact with an energetic, resourceful, and positive can-do attitude. Continually strive for excellence. Challenge the status quo sensitively and constructively. Hands-on approach and willing to roll up sleeves to deliver results, coupled with the ability to implement initiatives from start to finish.
Embraces Diversity – Dedicated to creating a welcoming culture that embraces diversity and enables others to thrive and belong. Lead with a desire to understand other people’s points of view and imagine the world from other perspectives. Actively and empathetically listen, without judgment, to improve decision-making and ensure that all colleagues feel valued.
Fun – Has a passion for the role and brings joy, humor, and positive energy to each assignment and interaction.
Bright and Curious – Ability to combine analytical reasoning, creativity, and judgment. Quick study who can handle complex matters and multiple initiatives simultaneously. Effectively navigate both strategic issues and tactical operational details. Exhibit a strong growth mindset.
- * Bachelor’s Degree with 10 years of HR experience. Advanced degree and/or PHR/SPHR certification a plus.
- * Track record of outstanding performance as reflected in increased levels of responsibility and promotions.
- * Broad and extensive organization-wide talent management experience supporting all levels of management and employees.
- * Significant experience leading DEI organizational efforts, initiatives, and programs with a deep commitment to maintaining a diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization.
- * Excellent interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills developed in a high-performing work environment.
- * Superb listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
Please email your resume to email@example.com to be considered for this role.