Reporting to the President & Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President, Talent & Culture (VPTC) will lead a team of six and direct all aspects of our client’s People initiatives and programs while supporting and aligning the People function with overall business strategy. The VPTC will partner with senior leadership to build upon the positive, engaged culture that works to assimilate the interests, talents, and contributions of employees in a high-performing and inclusive workplace.
- * People Leadership – Lead, motivate, and encourage staff, navigating through change and adversity. Make decisions and build consensus as appropriate. Communicate and cascade information to employees in a timely manner and actively participate in the success of cross-organizational programs and initiatives. Define People/HR goals and objectives that align with and support the strategic and operational goals of the organization, always maintaining a non-profit mindset.
- * Culture & Values – Act as the ambassador of culture, consistently defining ways to identify and reinforce the behaviors that exemplify organization values. Strive to advance people and implement organizational strategies to promote employee engagement. Partner with senior management to help enhance a positive, engaged culture that works to assimilate the interests, talents, and contributions of all employees at every level.
- * Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – Act as a strategic partner in collaboration with leadership, the Board of Directors, and other organizational departments to champion diversity, equity, and inclusion in all People practices throughout the organization. Create and sustain a welcoming culture that encourages and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the organization.
- * Talent Acquisition – Lead and support a comprehensive talent acquisition process to attract, develop, retain, and engage a high-quality workforce. Build strategic People programs to promote employer branding in support of these objectives. Inspire ideas around onboarding and captivating events.
- * Talent Management – Build the human capital through performance management, coaching, and training/development, motivating individuals to achieve their maximum potential. Successfully identify and address gaps in competency, knowledge, and skillsets. Coach management to set clear, meaningful goals/objectives, and use metrics to measure performance.
- * Professional & Leadership Development – Play a key role in improving performance around attracting, motivating, and rewarding top performers. Further develop the human capital of the organization through career-path planning, including cross-training and developmental assignments that prepare individuals to achieve their maximum potential. With managers, develop a strategy regarding succession planning and the development of high-potential leaders.
- * Total Rewards – Develop and lead a best-in-class total rewards program. Maintain all benefit-related relationships and programs. Continuously evaluate the market to maintain competitive benefits programs. Design and administer all compensation programs, including annual bonus plans, spot bonuses, recognition programs, and other compensation. Provide leadership around aligning and developing performance-based compensation programs to drive performance and engagement.
- * HR Best Practices – Provide strong and effective leadership as the principal architect regarding HR strategy, practices, and processes. Develop and implement HR strategies, approaches, and policies, continually making recommendations to ensure that HR programs are aligned with the overall organizational strategy while driving employee performance.
- * HR Systems & Compliance – Ensure that HR technology is in place to meet current and future organizational objectives. Stay current with emerging HR technologies and implement new technology as needed. Confirm/maintain compliance with all state/federal laws and regulations.
- * Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or related field. Master’s degree in business or human resources preferred. SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP, SPHR, and/or PHR certification desirable.
- * 10 to 15 years of experience in human resources as a high performer, including HR leadership and people management.
- * Excellent track record of leadership and team building, driving the development and evolution of entrepreneurial, high-performance cultures. Experience in both non-profit and private industry is strongly preferred.
- * Experience developing and directing best practice initiatives in such areas as diversity, equity, and inclusion, career development, employee relations, and employee communications.
- * Ability to establish meaningful business partnerships throughout the organization, acting as a trusted advisor at all levels.
- * Proven ability to take appropriate risks, provide candid observations, and influence decisions.
- * Demonstrated experience influencing senior leaders. Able to collaborate cross-functionally.
- * Professional, resourceful, and action-oriented. High energy, disciplined, and focused.
- * Ability to engender a team-based culture, always striving to achieve organizational goals.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.