Our client is currently seeking a thoughtful, strategic, and experienced Vice President, People & Culture (VPPC) to lead their human resources, talent acquisition, and retention functions as they continue to grow and scale. The VPPC will be highly responsible and accountable with a precise attention to detail, all while maintaining context of the big picture. Our client strongly prefers that the VPPC role is based in Princeton, NJ but may consider basing the role in Cambridge, MA. Remote candidates willing to travel may also be considered, providing they can reasonably commute to the New Jersey or Massachusetts location when required. Reporting to the Founder, President & CEO, the VPPC will be a functional and strategic thought leader who directs all aspects of the company’s people initiatives and programs while supporting and aligning the people function with the overall business strategy. The VPPC will also play a critical and strategic role as an HR advisor to senior leadership and management.
- * Culture & Values – Partner with senior management to enhance a positive, engaged culture that works to assimilate the interest, talents and contributions of all employees in a high-growth environment. Define ways to identify and reinforce the behaviors that exemplify company values. Strive to advance people and implement organizational strategies to shape a hip and cool culture.
- * Talent Management – Develop and implement long-range strategic plans to build human capital through performance management, coaching, training and development, thus motivating individuals to achieve their maximum potential. Successfully identify and address gaps in competency, knowledge, and skillsets.
- * Talent Acquisition – Lead and support a comprehensive talent acquisition process to attract, develop, retain, and engage a high-quality workforce. Build strategic people programs, including university relations, to promote employer branding in support of these objectives through social media and innovative methodologies.
- * Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – Foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. Enhance employee engagement to create a program centered on valuing and optimizing people’s differences and creating a sense of belonging.
- * Coaching & Development – Assess coaching and leadership development needs, and partner with members of the senior leadership team to bolster the leadership skills of managers and supervisors. Direct the creation and administration of individual development plans and identify resources to deliver these programs.
- * Performance Management – Establish organizational performance management programs that align with the values and mission of the company. Coach management to set clear, meaningful goals and objectives and use metrics to measure performance. Identify key performance indicators for the people and talent management functions and assess the success and market competitiveness based on these metrics.
- * Total Rewards – Develop and lead a best-in-class total rewards program. Maintain all benefit-related relationships and programs. Continuously evaluate the market to maintain competitive benefits programs. Partner with consultants to design and administer all compensation programs. Provide leadership around aligning and developing performance-based compensation programs to drive employee performance and engagement.
- * HR Systems & Compliance – Ensure that HR technology is in place to meet current and future prospective business objectives. Ensure compliance and maintain knowledge of regulations and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management. Manage internal communications for all HR-related activity.
- * Bachelor’s Degree in business, human resources, or a related field. Master’s degree in business or HR strongly preferred. SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP, SPHR, and/or PHR certification also preferred.
- * 10 to 15 years of experience in human resources as a high performer, including HR leadership and people management. Solid experience with mergers & acquisitions strongly preferred, coupled with experience in a growth equity phase.
- * Excellent track record of leadership and team building, driving the development and evolution of entrepreneurial, high-performance cultures.
- * Experience in professional services and/or technology is required (artificial intelligence or cognitive computing strongly desired). Experience in a start-up/entrepreneurial environment is strongly preferred.
- * Prior success in creating and leading initiatives that attract, develop, and retain high-potential talent in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- * Proven success in designing and implementing diversity-enhancing programs and practices.
- * Experience implementing HR policies and procedures using technology that improve operations, including HRIS, performance management systems, and payroll systems.
- * Demonstrated expertise in developing HR plans for high growth, including driving talent acquisition and organizational development, evaluating and revamping compensation plans/salary structures, and overseeing the administration of compensation/benefits and employee relations.
- * Enthusiastic and energetic thought leader who thrives in a collaborative environment and has a creative, engaging, and people-focused attitude.
- * Creative problem solver who can navigate current challenges while strategically planning for periods of hypergrowth and work in a very fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
- * Superb interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with senior business leaders, managers, and peers. Exceptional written and oral communication skills with strong negotiation and influencing skills.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this role.