The Vice President, People & Culture (VPPC) provides thought leadership and helps develop and execute an employee experience strategy designed to attract, retain, and develop talent to execute the organization’s mission and achieve organizational, team, and individual performance outcomes. The VPPC develops and strengthens programs of leadership development and succession as well as employee growth and development. The VPPC is responsible for developing or strengthening performance management, talent review, career mapping, onboarding, internal communication, and Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEI&B) programs. The VPPC oversees all cultural initiatives and focuses on people enablement and engagement by championing core values. As a strategic business partner, the VPPC (and team) provide consultative advice and counsel to business clients on workforce management, organizational design, change leadership, and employee relations. The VPPC leads the HR Business Consultant, Learning and Development, and Internal Communication teams. The VPPC works closely with the Total Rewards team to ensure benefits, compensation, incentives, recognition and rewards, and wellness initiatives are aligned with the employee experience strategy. This is a hybrid in-office/remote role that involves driving to various locations, external functions, and work-related activities within Maine and New Hampshire.
- * Oversee the development of HR strategy focused on people enablement and engagement. Drive cultural initiatives, and provide advice and counsel to business partners on goal creation, performance management, and employee relations in alignment with organizational vision and strategies. Create strategic Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEI&B) programs. Provide support for Employee Engagement Groups. Partner with Talent Management to enhance recruitment efforts.
- * Lead the Learning & Development team in the creation and enhancement of organizational competencies around talent management, employee engagement, leadership development and staff development/training. Champion core values and drive toward change management.
- * Develop the Internal Communications team, Intranet, and branding of internal resources through close partnerships with the Marketing and Member Experience teams. Work closely with the Total Rewards team and promote employee-sponsored events and activities, as well as volunteerism, in alignment with the organization’s mission and core values.
- * Drive budgeting, planning, and reporting. Maintain knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, HR, and talent management.
- * Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or related field. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or SHRM-Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) preferred. Change Management or Organizational Development certification also preferred.
- * 8 to 10 years of progressive and related work experience in some combination of the following specialties: employment, talent, training, employee relations, DEI&B, and multi-state labor law. A minimum of 7 years of experience in a hands-on managerial/supervisory capacity leading a team of HR professionals.
- * Strong leadership skills and the ability to mentor, coach, and influence to meet and/or exceed organizational goals and objectives.
- * Proven ability to coach staff to develop a multi-level team and achieve business goals.
- * Ability to lead and support change (both procedural and organizational), set clear and challenging goals, and be tenacious and accountable in driving results.
- * High level of emotional intelligence, self-awareness, self-control, motivation, empathy, and social skills.
- * Ability to proactively anticipate people issues and strategically address those issues.
- * Excellent professional, well-developed communication skills (written and verbal) with a high degree of diplomacy and persuasiveness. Strong ability to collaborate and communicate with individuals and groups at all levels of the organization to cultivate effective working relationships.
- * Experience with Microsoft Office products, including Excel spreadsheets.
- * Valid driver’s license for travel in Maine and New Hampshire.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this role.