The Vice President of People (VPP) role will be globally oriented, and will focus on helping the company build out its worldwide Human Resources capabilities, processes, and team. Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, the VPP will lead critical functions of the company’s People/HR initiatives and strategies while supporting and aligning HR with the overall business strategy. Partnering with senior leadership, management, and the employee population, the VPP will enhance and build upon a positive, engaged culture that works to assimilate the interests, talents, and contributions of employees in a high performing and inclusive workplace.
- * Culture & Values – Consistently define ways to identify and reinforce the behaviors that exemplify company values. Strive to advance people and implement organizational strategies to promote employee engagement.
- * Talent Acquisition – Lead and support a comprehensive talent acquisition process to attract, develop, retain, and engage a high-quality workforce. Build people programs to promote employer branding in support of these objectives. Inspire ideas around the creation of onboarding and captivating events.
- * Talent Management – Develop and implement strategic plans to build the human capital of the company through performance management, coaching, and training and development. Assess coaching and leadership development needs, and partner with members of the senior leadership team to bolster the leadership skills of managers and supervisors. Motivate individuals to achieve their maximum potential. Successfully identify and address gaps in competency, knowledge, and skillsets.
- * Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – Foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. Enhance employee engagement worldwide to create a program centered on valuing and optimizing people’s differences and creating a sense of belonging.
- * Performance Management – Establish organizational performance management programs that align with the values and mission of the company. Coach management to set clear, meaningful goals and objectives, and use metrics to measure performance.
- * Global Total Rewards – Develop and lead a best-in-class global total rewards program. Maintain all benefit-related relationships and programs. Continuously evaluate the markets to maintain competitive benefits programs for the company. Design and administer all company compensation programs, including sales plans, annual bonus plans, spot bonuses, recognition programs, and other compensation. Provide leadership around aligning and developing performance-based compensation programs to drive employee performance and engagement.
- * HR Systems & Compliance – Ensure that HR technology is in place to meet current and future prospective business objectives. Stay current with emerging HR technologies and implement new technology as appropriate. Confirm and maintain compliance with laws in all relevant jurisdictions. Manage internal communications for all HR-related activity.
- * Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field. Master’s degree in Business or Human Resources preferred. SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP, SPHR, and/or PHR certification preferred.
- * 10+ years of experience in Human Resources as a high performer, including HR leadership and people management.
- * Experience leading Human Resources in a global context.
- * Excellent track record of leadership and team building, driving the development and evolution of entrepreneurial, high-performance cultures. Experience in professional services and/or technology, especially in a start-up/entrepreneurial environment, is strongly preferred.
- * Prior success in creating and leading initiatives that attract, develop, and retain high-potential talent in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Global experience a plus.
- * Success in designing and implementing diversity-enhancing programs and practices.
- * Experience implementing HR policies and procedures using technology that improve operations, including HRIS, performance management systems, and payroll systems.
- * Strong knowledge of HR practices and procedures, including significant experience in employee relations. Current knowledge of state and federal legal compliance regulations and policies relating to HR.
- * Enthusiastic and energetic thought leader who thrives in a collaborative environment and has a creative, engaging, and people-focused attitude.
- * Hands on, high energy, roll-up-the-sleeves personality.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this role.