Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President, Human Resources will lead critical functions of our client’s People/HR initiatives and strategies while supporting and aligning HR with the overall business strategy. Partnering with senior leadership, management, and the general employee population, the Vice President, Human Resources will enhance and build upon a positive, engaged culture that works to assimilate the interests, talents, and contributions of employees in a high-performing and inclusive workplace.
- * Talent Management – Provide vision, direction, and leadership for talent management functions. Partner with and develop effective working relationships with organization leaders to meet talent management and retention goals.
- * Coaching and Development – Evaluate coaching and leadership development needs, and work with members of the Executive Leadership Team to augment the leadership skills of managers and supervisors.
- * Performance Management – Develop and guide the standards of the performance and talent review process by providing training, coaching, and specific guidance as applicable. Provide coaching and counsel to supervisors, management, and staff to resolve conflicts and/or address job performance problems while providing effective performance communications.
- * Mentoring – Provide consultative support to others in the organization as needed. Participate as a member of the Executive Leadership Team to set and develop plans for company initiatives.
- * Training and Development – Partner with Learning & Development consultants to provide input in the creation and administration of individual development plans, and identify resources required to deliver these programs.
- * Culture and Values – Act as the ambassador of the company’s culture, constantly seeking ways to identify and reinforce the behaviors that exemplify organization values.
- * Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – Provide expert and strategic DEI direction, coaching, and counsel to the business and the People team to ensure achievement of business objectives and DEI initiatives. Develop data-driven DEI programs.
- * Benefits Administration – Maintain all benefit-related relationships and programs. Continuously evaluate the market to maintain competitive benefits programs.
- * Compensation – Present all company compensation programs, including annual bonus plans, spot bonuses, recognition programs, and other forms of compensation.
- * HR Policy – Ensure compliance with all state and federal legal compliance policies and regulations. Manage internal communication for all People/HR-related activity.
- * Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related discipline (Master’s degree strongly preferred).
- * A minimum of 15 years of progressively more responsible HR experience, including at least five years in a management/supervisory role in a best-in-class People/HR organization. Biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- * Strong knowledge of HR practices and procedures, including current knowledge of state and federal legal compliance regulations and policies related to HR.
- * Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion principles with proven experience building and executing successful DEI programs.
- * Superior critical-thinking skills coupled with strong conflict management, negotiating, and influencing capabilities.
- * Impeccable judgment with a high level of ethics and an empathetic disposition.
- * Exceptional communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal).
- * Ability to establish meaningful business partnerships throughout the organization, acting as a trusted advisor at all levels.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this role.