Serving as a key member of the Executive Leadership Team, the visionary and passionate Senior Vice President, People & Culture (SVP) will maintain a world-class People/HR function and establish a People/HR strategy that fits both the culture and the organization’s ambitious operational aspirations. The SVP will have proven experience with supporting large change efforts and driving People/HR initiatives to support the implementation of a new business strategy. The SVP will help to build highly-scalable processes across all People/HR functional areas, implement a comprehensive talent management program (taking the entire employee lifecycle into consideration), and continue to support the organization in aligning people and processes through both its most recent integration and anticipated future growth.
The SVP will provide excellent managerial leadership to a dynamic People/HR team, and will quickly establish strong working relationships with leaders to implement new talent management strategies, build cross-functional collaboration across the organization, and prepare the organization as it continues to pivot and grow. The SVP will play an extremely important role as strategic partner to the CEO and will challenge the status quo, play Devil’s advocate, and bring best practices to the table to help the CEO bring his vision for the organization to life.
The SVP will be a champion of operational excellence, supporting the organization in establishing metrics, processes, and controls to allow it to develop talent, build competencies in team members, and maximize organizational capabilities. The SVP will understand the importance of communication and effective stakeholder management, and will partner collaboratively to continually elevate the organization and drive employee engagement as change is implemented. The SVP will preferably be based in the DC Metro area, but may be based in NJ if required.
HR Leadership & Strategy
- * Develop and drive the organization’s People/HR strategy in support of the vision and goals, and establish metrics to drive and measure success.
- * Lead the People/HR team, providing strategic direction and oversight while managing the day-to-day operations and services, including recruitment and selection, employee relations, compensation and benefits administration, performance management, and training and development. Evaluate, implement, and enhance the organization’s People/HR and talent systems, processes, and policies.
- * Foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture that promotes valuing differences and creates a sense of belonging. View all People/HR strategies and programs through a DEI lens, and support a data-guided approach to diversity with leadership and across the organization.
- * Advance People/HR technologies. Lead a team to manage and develop People/HR systems and leverage state-of-the-art technology to support the achievement of strategic goals.
- * Continually assess the competitiveness of all programs and practices against relevant and comparable companies, industries, and markets. Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including those related to labor, employment, and employee policies.
- * Prepare and manage the development of the People/HR budget, including forecasting the necessary funds for staffing and other resources. Monitor and approve all expenditures.
Organizational Effectiveness, Culture & Engagement, and Change Management
- * Serve as chief adviser, strategist, and “sparring partner” to the CEO to facilitate organizational development and change management initiatives, ensuring that the People/HR strategy and business strategy are aligned to drive organizational effectiveness.
- * Provide the CEO with the organizational development tools to define a structure that supports business strategy. Build a positive and engaged culture that assimilates the interests, talents, and contributions of all employees at every level in a growth environment.
- * Collaborate with members of the Leadership Team to formulate, recommend, and administer organizational policies, procedures, and protocols. Develop long-range goals and objectives for the organization.
- * Act as thought partner and subject-matter expert to the Leadership Team as they grow and develop the organization. Maintain strong relationships with all office locations, departments, and executives.
- * In partnership with the Leadership Team, drive organizational change and facilitate effective and transparent communications across teams, departments, and functions to inspire employee engagement and identify opportunities for impact and trust building. Employ change management best practices to ensure employees are engaged.
- * Promote inclusion in the workplace and contribute to a healthy corporate environment that supports growth and equal opportunity.
Talent Acquisition & Talent Management
- * Lead the strategy for recruitment and selection and screening process, including the development of job descriptions. Lead employer branding efforts in collaboration with the marketing team.
- * Create a comprehensive talent management strategy that drives employee engagement and supports organizational growth.
- * Develop organizational metrics and benchmarks to support the Leadership Team in driving accountability while aligning individual and team efforts to organizational objectives.
- * Facilitate the identification of key required competencies with leaders. Implement strategic talent acquisition and training and development programs that support growing these capabilities as the organization evolves and reduces its reliance on industry experience.
- * Influence and achieve buy-in from the Leadership Team to ensure a successful implementation, and develop and roll out a comprehensive performance management process that drives the right activities and behaviors needed to achieve strategic goals.
- * Implement a robust succession planning process and facilitate strategic workforce planning exercises with leadership to inform organizational structure and design conversations with the CEO.
- * Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in Human Resource Management or Organizational Psychology desirable. SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- * 10+ years of progressive HR leadership experience in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment with experience supporting high-performing leaders. M&A experience leading an organization’s People/HR function through a successful integration strongly preferred.
- * Demonstrated business acumen with a proven track record of working effectively at both an operational and strategic level. Potential to become the CHRO of a large middle-market enterprise.
- * Skilled in creating infrastructure, successfully driving change, and operating as a member of a leadership team. Strong team-building and collaboration skills at all levels of an organization.
- * Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to mentor, coach, and influence to meet and/or exceed organizational goals and objectives.
- * Experience promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in all People/HR functional areas and across an organization.
- * Familiarity with an aging workforce and deep industry changes. Ability to use data and analytics to drive organizational change and guide future workplace trends.
- * Demonstrated experience using HRIS, including applicant tracking and benefits management platforms, with strong project management and advanced MS Excel skills.
- * Business leader with experience in highly-confidential environments. Ability to always maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- * Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to develop organization-wide People/HR communications. Strong stand-up presentation and training skills.
- * Highly organized, flexible, and able to effectively prioritize a wide range of tasks and responsibilities.
- * Demonstrated ability to delegate, motivate, and build positive working relationships (internally and externally).
- * Ability to work well under pressure with good judgment. Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills with the capability to think strategically and identify opportunities for improvement.
- * Proven experience with creating and implementing processes, procedures, and policies. Strong knowledge of multi-state labor and employment laws and regulations.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this role.