Our client is seeking a Senior Director of Talent and Culture (SDTC) who can grow the capacity and sophistication of the organization’s People/HR program to match and anticipate its evolving needs. Reporting to the CEO, the SDTC will lead the People/HR team, manage the delivery of People/HR services to all employees, and enhance the People/HR function to serve as a value-adding business partner to the members of the executive team and senior management. The SDTC will direct all aspects of the organization’s People/HR initiatives and programs while supporting and aligning the function with overall organizational strategy. The SDTC will serve as a key member of the leadership team and will evaluate, develop, and execute People/HR strategies across the organization.
Culture & Purpose
- * Act as the leader of the organization’s management and workplace culture, consistently defining ways to identify and reinforce manager and staff behaviors that exemplify the mission and values of the organization. Strive to advance people and implement effective strategies to promote employee engagement.
- * Partner with senior leadership to build upon the positive, engaged culture that works to assimilate the interests, talents, and contributions of employees in a high-performing and inclusive workplace.
- * Develop the vision, strategy, and goals for the People/HR function with an eye toward serving all members of the organization equitably, transparently, and in a service-oriented way. Continue to develop and build out the infrastructure needed to support a robust and effective People/HR function.
- * Serve as a member of the Senior Leadership Team and a partner to senior management on the development of People/HR objectives as they relate to specific operations and overall organizational direction.
- * Translate the strategic and tactical business plans into People/HR strategic and operational plans.
- * Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory actions as those items impact the attraction, motivation, development, and retention of the organization’s People resources.
Talent Acquisition & Management
- * Lead a comprehensive talent acquisition process to attract, develop, retain, and engage a high-quality workforce. Build strategic programs to promote employer branding in support of these objectives. Inspire ideas around onboarding and captivating events.
- * Develop and implement long-range strategic plans to build the employees of the organization through performance management, coaching, training and development, and providing pathways for individuals to achieve their maximum potential.
- * Successfully identify and address gaps in competency, knowledge, and skill sets.
- * Develop and implement a phased, multi-year talent strategy to reflect organizational capacity and ambitious growth over the next 3 to 5 years.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- * Foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. Enhance employee engagement to create a DEI program centered on valuing and optimizing people’s differences and creating a sense of belonging. Support a data-guided approach to DEI.
- * Act as a strategic partner, in collaboration with leadership and other organizational departments, to increase and leverage DEI in all People/HR practices throughout the organization.
- * Respect the unique contribution of every individual, culture, and ethnic group, treating people in a fair and equitable manner.
Coaching & Development
- * Provide coaching, counsel, and direction for executive and functional leaders to navigate change, growth, employee relations, and conflict management.
- * Assess coaching and leadership development needs and partner with members of the Senior Leadership Team to bolster the leadership skills of managers, supervisors, and staff.
- * Direct the creation and administration of individual development plans and identify resources to deliver these programs.
- * Supervise, support, and grow the People/HR team’s transactional functions, such as payroll and leave management.
- * Develop, mentor, and grow the People/HR team to support organizational growth and change initiatives.
- * Establish performance-management programs that align with the values and mission of the organization. Coach management to set clear, meaningful goals and objectives and use metrics to measure performance.
- * Develop and lead initiatives that will enhance both benefits and compensation programs, seeking outcomes that are equitable, and attract and retain the highest caliber talent at all levels of the organization.
- * Partner with the team to continuously evaluate the market to maintain competitive benefits programs for the organization.
HR Systems & Compliance
- * Ensure that HR technology is in place to meet current and future prospective business objectives. Stay current with emerging HR technologies and implement new technology as appropriate.
- * Confirm and maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations.
- * Manage internal communications for all People/HR-related activity.
- * Bachelor’s degree in HR or a related field required. Advanced degree with an advanced HR certification (such as SPHR) preferred.
- * A minimum of 15 years of experience in People/HR, including People/HR leadership and staff management. Experience in non-profit preferred.
- * Experience leading the evolution of systems and processes to advance strategic goals, support equity, and build a cohesive culture during times of growth and change.
- * Experience engaging with diverse staff and leadership to promote trust, teamwork, partnership, and engagement across departments and levels of leadership.
- * Strong knowledge of People/HR practices and procedures, including solid experience in employee relations. Current knowledge of state and federal legal compliance regulations and policies.
- * Background in building and transforming the People/HR function. Ability to assess, navigate, and address structural issues and willingness/readiness to build and sustain a new approach, from the overall vision to the foundation of the People/HR function.
- * Excellent track record of leadership and team building, driving the development and evolution of high-performance cultures.
- * Prior success in creating and leading initiatives that attract, develop, and retain talent.
- * Success in designing and implementing DEI-enhancing programs and practices.
- * Track record of driving strong implementation and adoption of HR systems and processes.
- * Builds consensus and maintains strong collaborative and consultative working relationships.
- * Outstanding, transparent communicator with the ability to drive and support internal communications.
- * Enthusiastic and energetic leader who thrives in a collaborative environment and has a creative, engaging, and people-focused attitude.
- * Has situational awareness and responds appropriately (self-control, stress tolerance, flexibility, and optimism).
- * Brings credibility to the People/HR function.
- * Meets deadlines.
- * Sense of urgency.
- * Boundaries and trust.
- * Confidential and high integrity.
- * Effective approach to problem solving.
- * Analytical skills.
Please email your resume to email@example.com to be considered for this role.