Our academic client is seeking a service-oriented and technology-savvy Senior HR Generalist to ensure the smooth year-round functioning of their human resources office. This role requires a versatile individual who has proven experience in all aspects of human resources with a focus on recruiting, benefits administration, and payroll. The successful individual will demonstrate high levels of organizational effectiveness, confidentiality, communication, and safety. This is a critical role for the successful operation of the school community; the individual will possess the necessary initiative and energy to tackle problems with creative solutions.
- * Coordinate applicant flow processes, from sourcing through selection, in coordination and partnership with the Director of Human Resources. Assist with aspects of the recruiting process as required.
- * Conduct and coordinate employee on/off boarding in coordination with key departments on campus.
- * Assist with day-to-day management of employees.
- * Respond to employee inquiries about compensation, benefits, and leaves.
- * Work closely with employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- * Assist in the implementation and enforcement of HR policies.
- * Maintain employee files and employment records to meet compliance regulations.
- * Process and maintain school background checks.
- * Ensure the highest quality of service in an attentive and responsible atmosphere.
- * Assist with difficult and/or emotional situations.
- * Assist with overall compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements, and anticipate legislation as appropriate.
- * Partner with the Director of Human Resources to update and maintain office policies as necessary.
- * Assist and coordinate performance management processes throughout the school.
- * Coordinate training programs under the direction of the Deans and the Director of Human Resources.
- * Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends to drive business case needs.
- * Perform general office administrative tasks as assigned.
- * Serve as main point of contact for vendors (shredding, postage, office supplies, office equipment, etc.).
- * Provide support for special projects and workflow process improvements.
- * Participate actively in personal and/or professional growth and development.
- * Perform other related duties as assigned.
- * High school diploma required. Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- * 3 to 5 years of human resources and office administrator experience.
- * Prior project management experience and the ability to prioritize among multiple demands and deadlines preferred.
- * Enthusiasm for working in an independent school setting and desire to embrace the school’s mission and values.
- * Experience working with a variety of constituents with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- * Advanced communication skills (verbal, written, electronic) and superior phone skills.
- * Adept in MS Office, Google Suite, and HR databases.
- * Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- * A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
- * Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude, and work well with others.
- * A high level of integrity and honesty with a strong work ethic.
- * Candidate must pass a criminal background check.
- * Ability to traverse the CA campus, including climbing stairs.
- * Ability to lift and carry materials for the office (up to 20lbs.).
Please send your resume to email@example.com to be considered for this role.