The HR Generalist, Operations (HRG/Ops) is primarily responsible for the digitization of the HR Operations and Shared Services function, which includes administering and enhancing payroll and benefits, supporting the build and maintenance of the HRIS functions, and providing excellent care while addressing HR Operations inquires.
The HRG/Ops reports directly to the Vice President, HR Operations and Shared Services, and is an HR Operations professional and expert. As the role provides support to the Compensation, Benefits, and HRIS functions, the HRG/Ops will help build the HR Operations function and manage the delivery of HR services to all employees. The HRG/Ops will establish HR Operations as a value-added business partner to the members of the executive team, senior management, and the overall organization.
This role will have primary responsibilities for all aspects of payroll and HRIS administration. While serving as a point of contact for employees regarding payroll-related inquiries, the HRG/Ops will be accountable for managing the third-party payroll and benefit processing vendor relationship, conducting payroll and benefit plan audits and running reports within the prescribed time frames, managing payroll-related multi-state tax compliance, and partnering with the HR team to support the HR function, including benefits administration, leave management, and HRM data processing.
The HRG/Ops must possess independent decision-making skills while exercising tact, judgment, and confidentiality when interacting with a wide variety of internal and external customers in a highly-professional manner. The HRG/Ops will provide excellent customer service, consistently exemplifying the organization’s core values.
- * Partner with leadership to select, implement, and leverage the use of HRIS technology to enhance the HR infrastructure. Provide analytical tools that align with talent development, workforce planning, and best-in-class HR analytics.
- * Foster and maintain positive relationships with senior management and all technology users. Partner with the HR team to maximize the return from selected HR technologies.
- * Ensure compliance and manage the maintenance, data integrity, and security of the HRIS.
- * Prepare and populate mass-load templates and work with the HRIS vendor to load and validate data into the HRIS.
- * Act as the liaison between business-process owners and technical vendor support. Provide troubleshooting support for all system-data-related issues, including coordinating with vendors and internal teams.
- * Create reports, slides, and charts as part of HR analytics.
- * Ensure adherence to HRIS governance and compliance practices.
- * Lead and participate in projects where data expertise is required.
- * Lead continuous improvement efforts to drive the use of technology, self-service tools, and process efficiency both within the HR function and cross-functionally.
- * Develop project plans and reporting mechanisms to monitor and address issues and risks.
- * Create an HR dashboard to monitor, manage, track, and report on data. Identify relevant data to provide metrics-driven analysis and reporting.
- * Facilitate open enrollment and enroll employees into all insurance plans.
- * Perform monthly audits and reconciliation of benefit invoices, ensuring timely payment.
- * Work with health & welfare and retirement benefits providers, brokers, and/or consultants to ensure accurate billing, coding and payment, and resolution of discrepancies with providers.
- * Maintain a thorough understanding of the organization’s benefit plans, program offerings, and regulatory benefit requirements.
- * Provide assistance with employee benefits inquires.
- * Assist with management and performance reviews of provider/vendor accountabilities.
- * Review for accuracy and submit all benefit invoices to Accounts Payable.
- * Own and manage US payrolls for hourly and salaried employees, including validating payroll activity within payroll system, maintaining proper documentation for payroll activity, and processing payrolls in a timely and accurate manner.
- * Administer and ensure optimal configuration of the HRIS to meet ongoing business needs.
- * Identify opportunities to improve accuracy and efficiencies through audits and reconciliations for all aspects of payroll processing.
- * Support management in accomplishing the organization’s payroll processing objectives, and develop and promote best practices and technological advancements.
- * Understand all aspects of payroll processing, including but not limited to payroll system configuration, timekeeping, payroll inputs, payroll taxes, deductions, garnishments, etc.
- * Reconcile payroll runs to quarterly and annual tax filings.
- * Keep apprised of federal, state, and relevant compensation, benefits, and tax laws and regulations to ensure program compliance with government mandates. Ensure compliance with all applicable legal and regulatory employment guidelines.
- * Provide excellent customer service to on a wide variety of issues, including the use of HRIS and related HR systems, payroll, benefits, timekeeping, and employment taxes. Provide technical support, test systems functionality, and work with end users to provide system support and troubleshoot systems problems.
- * Assist with the administration of LOA, FMLA, and disability paperwork. Compile and maintain procedures and manuals for payroll and benefits processing.
- * Prepare monthly documentation and reports to support financial and program audits.
- * Assist Accounting with quarterly and annual reconciliation of payroll and benefits to the general ledger.
- * Engage as a competent contact for internal and external inquiries.
- * Ensure that HR technology is in place to meet current and future prospective business objectives. Stay current with emerging HR technologies and implement new technology as appropriate.
- * Bachelor’s Degree with 5 to 7 years of HR experience providing support to the Compensation, Benefits, and HRIS functions. Advanced degree and/or PHR/SPHR certification a plus.
- * Experience with ADP Workforce Now full suite preferred.
- * Self-directed with a strong ability to contribute to the overall success of the HR Operations function.
- * Smart and humble with perseverance and the ability to partner with employees at all levels.
- * Possesses integrity and facilitates trust with the ability to manage highly-sensitive data.
- * Ability to demonstrate the organization’s core values and reflect those values in all HR programs.
- * Passionate about HR Operations and thrives in a collaborative team environment.
- * Ability to learn the business and convey external benchmarks and best practices.
- * Acts in a respectful manner while offering a point of view.
- * Excellent interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills developed in a high-performing work environment.
- * Superb listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- * Expert proficiency in the following MS Office products is required: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. MS Access knowledge is a candidate advantage.
- * Attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
Please send your resume to email@example.com to be considered for this role.