Our client is seeking a hands-on Head of People with outstanding vision to design highly-functioning organizations in a hyper-growth environment. They doubled their employee base in 2020, and are planning for similar growth in 2021. This leader will oversee all aspects of People Operations, including recruiting, talent management, organizational design, total rewards, driving engagement, and reflecting company culture and values. The Head of People will report directly to the CEO, and will lay the core foundation for this team. This is a unique opportunity to play a significant role in designing and implementing the function for a fast-growing, innovative, and mission-driven startup. Due to COVID-19, this role will be remote until our client’s facility is able to open safely and responsibly.
- * Own the strategy and execution of bringing in and retaining top talent, ensuring People Strategy supports and aligns with organizational goals and objectives.
- * Champion the company’s culture, vision, and values. Reinforce these values, ensuring they are represented in every deployed initiative and delivered message.
- * Provide coaching, counsel, and direction for executive and functional leaders to navigate change, growth, employee relations, and conflict management.
- * Build out the core People Operations function to support national expansion of the business. Focused growth areas include recruiting, talent management/partnership, and total rewards.
- * Develop plans for calibration, compensation, and development processes for employees across the organization.
- * Optimize organizational design to increase speed-to-value and reduce latency.
- * Build structures, processes, and data-driven techniques that will allow you to scale the business while remaining agile.
- * Identify skill and leadership gaps within the organization and develop initiatives to address these gaps, including succession plans when warranted.
- * Connect with the team to enhance culture and engagement.
- * Evolve and refresh employee onboarding and orientation.
- * Establish a core foundation for performance management programs.
- * Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to the daily management of global employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Secure appropriate legal support when necessary.
- * Develop, recommend, and implement employee policies and procedures.
- * Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or related field. Combination of education and experience will be considered.
- * Minimum of 8+ years of experience in HR roles of increasing responsibility, ideally within the medical device or other healthcare industry. Talent Acquisition expertise preferred.
- * Experience designing/implementing HR policies for a similar-sized company (~50 employees).
- * Strategic HR experience, including recruiting, onboarding, employee reviews, compensation, training & education, etc.
- * Diversity is an important part of the talent acquisition strategy, and experience implementing diversity-enhancing practices into the hiring and promotion process is required.
- * Ability to interact/build relationships at all levels (individual contributors to executives).
- * Ability to form strategic business partnerships while simultaneously managing all HR operations.
- * Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- * Results-oriented, resourceful self-starter with proven time management and execution skills.
- * Ability to embrace challenges and change while remaining flexible, adaptable, and reliable.
- * Strong attention to detail, systems, and processes with a continuous-improvement mindset.
- * Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- * Strong problem solving, conflict management, and negotiation skills.
- * Good judgment with high levels of integrity and quality at all times.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this role.