Our client, an international biopharmaceutical company, is seeking a dynamic Head of Human Resources (HHR) to join their growing North America team. This role will provide strategic and operational leadership to support the company’s growth and be the champion of the People strategy. The HHR will build and sustain relationships with the North America organization as well as the global HR team to influence, analyze, and provide decision-making in the areas of leadership, talent management and development, succession planning, change management, strategic workforce planning, cultural/organizational development and effectiveness, performance management, and employee relations. The HHR will also be a key member of the North America leadership team and the global HR leadership team, contributing to the design and implementation of innovative global programs that will continue to evolve the company culture. The HHR may choose to be based out of MA or NC.
- * Act as a strategic business partner to/member of the North America leadership team (NALT) and contributing member of the global HR leadership team.
- * Lead strategic planning relating to growth from an HR and employee perspective.
- * Support the development of the organizational architecture to promote long-term growth and stability.
- * Continuously evaluate a market-competitive total rewards strategy that enables the company to attract, hire, develop, reward, and retain top talent while delivering on mission-critical business objectives.
- * Design and implement leadership and employee development programs (including succession planning).
- * Engage with executives, management, staff, and direct reports to establish an environment that is motivating and entrepreneurial in nature. Lead and coach the HR and executive teams to regularly reinforce a “best place to work” culture.
- * Develop and reinforce a strong collaborative culture with/among senior leaders, peers, and other functions across the company.
- * Create, develop, and promote a culture of innovation, teamwork, transparency, commitment, focus, excellence, and impact.
- * Assess and develop HR policies, processes, and systems. Build the HR infrastructure needed to support growth and overall business strategies.
- * Ensure HR compliance with all North America employment and labor laws.
- * Provide strong leadership and business acumen, data and analytical skills, and relationship-building capabilities to inspire employees and the organization around common goals, vision, and values.
- * As head of office management, this position will oversee property and vendor negotiations and changes, implementing safety procedures, announcing building closures, and monitoring office budget. Office management duties will be 10% or less of overall responsibilities.
- * Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 15 years of human resources experience required, preferably in a growing commercial biotech or pharmaceutical organization.
- * Respected HR leader with strong generalist/business partnership background and knowledge of emerging HR trends.
- * Demonstrated success as part of a senior leadership team.
- * Successful coach to the President, senior management team, and all levels of staff.
- * Proven leadership experience and track record of success in leading an HR function (setting the vision and building, leading, and motivating the team).
- * Deep knowledge of compensation best practices and market data.
- * Experience managing complex employee relations issues and partnering with the business and Legal to deliver appropriate employment action.
- * Strong interpersonal, relationship-building, analytical, and negotiation skills.
- * Knowledge of Federal and State labor laws, inclusive of LOA administration.
- * Experience with managing offices, negotiating contracts, design, and managing vendors.
- * 25% domestic travel and approximately 10% international travel.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.