The Director Total Rewards will serve as a strategic partner to the Chief People Officer to lead the strategy, development, compliance, and administration of all Total Rewards programs. The Director Total Rewards will demonstrate creativity and thought leadership in the development of Total Rewards methodologies and approaches that will attract, retain, and meet the needs of the organization, with a focus on creating an inclusive environment that enhances diversity through equity. The Director Total Rewards is a member of the People Operations Leadership Team, and will partner with other leaders to ensure the People Operations strategies are aligned with the organizational strategy, as well as serve as a coach and mentor in the development of the Total Rewards team. This role in based in Massachusetts and includes a hybrid work schedule.
- * Partner with leadership to define, develop, communicate, and execute a competitive Total Rewards strategy, including compensation, holistic wellness benefits, retirement benefits (both defined benefit and defined contribution plans), paid time off programs, and other reward and recognition programs, that is cost effective and aligned with trends in the market and organizational objectives.
- * Collaborate with the Chief Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer to ensure the Total Rewards strategy is aligned with and supports the vision of a more inclusive and diverse community.
- * Manage the annual compensation process, including salary planning, merit budget, internal and external equity reviews, salary adjustments, and promotions.
- * Continuously monitor and lead the benchmarking process around all employee benefits. Lead the evolution of a more holistic approach and strategy to understanding and meeting the needs of the employee community.
- * Develop an ongoing communications strategy to ensure that community members understand and maximize their benefits and Total Rewards package.
- * Partner across other areas in People Operations to develop an employee experience strategy and the related key measures to track movement toward organizational goals.
- * Build and develop a team of dedicated compensation and benefits professionals through effective coaching and performance management.
- * Ensure compliance with all governmental regulations related to compensation and benefits.
- * Oversee the review, communication, and implementation of the annual open enrollment process for benefits.
- * Provide leadership and direction for all Total Rewards matters, such as the development and interpretation of policies, understanding the impact of regulatory changes, and training of the community as it relates to Total Rewards.
- * Manage, negotiate, and partner with third-party providers.
- * Create a culture of recognition through the development of an appropriate rewards and recognition program.
- * Partner with Finance to ensure accurate reporting, auditing, and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- * Build and maintain relationships with internal/external legal counsel to collaborate as needed.
- * Intentionally build strong working relationships across the organization at multiple levels to ensure an understanding of strengths and areas of opportunity for the team and/or organization, and use that information to guide strategic priorities.
- * Stay informed about recent changes and the latest trends at the local, state, and federal level that influence and/or impact Total Rewards.
- * Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Human Resources, or a related field required. MBA or related Master’s degree preferred. Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS), and/or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) credentials highly preferred.
- * At least 7 to 10 years of experience in a Total Rewards leadership role. Experience with both large non-profit and for-profit organizations preferred.
- * Experience with variable compensation, executive compensation, and working with a governing board highly preferred.
- * Proven track record of developing creative strategies informed by the needs of the employees while ensuring the financial needs of the organization are also met.
- * Intentional focus on developing internal talent through coaching, mentoring, influencing, and advocating.
- * Strong team player and servant-leadership approach to working with the community.
- * Thorough knowledge of State and Federal wage and hours laws, including, but not limited to, FLSA, FMLA, PFML, ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, ADA, Section 125, and Workers’ Compensation.
- * Experience with administering defined contribution plans as well as defined benefits plans.
- * Experience with implementing and working with Human Capital Management Systems.
- * Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- * Strong written and oral communication skills with attention to detail and the ability to communicate tactfully across all levels within the organization.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this role.