The Director of Human Resources (DHR) will provide strategic organizational design and leadership and partner closely with the senior leadership team to support the delivery of the business strategy through the company’s people. The DHR will set and lead the strategic vision and People & Culture plan for the company, attracting and developing talent in a changing workforce for multiple US locations.
With the company continuing expansion in the North American market, they plan to maintain impressive growth trajectory to double in size again in the next three to five years. This role is crucial to successfully achieving this goal and will contribute significantly to the organization’s strategy. The DHR will have overall responsibility for formulating and implementing the full range of people strategies, and will be a motivator and leader capable of driving success and change within the organization.
The DHR will develop and execute people strategies and provide high-level strategic advice to the business leadership team, operational business leaders, and the HR team on all people and relevant business-sensitive people issues. The DHR will develop and foster strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and deliver on business objectives through the effective management of people processes and policies. This individual will devise a people and talent management strategy and, through close liaison with the leadership team, assist in the delivery of an excellent end-to-end colleague experience.
The company operates from four regional offices in the US with locations in Massachusetts, Texas, California, and Virginia. The DHR role will be based out of their Massachusetts facility.
- * Develop, lead, and deliver the Strategic People Agenda in consultation with senior management for engagement, recruitment, talent management, future footprint, training and development, performance management, and succession planning.
- * Work alongside the senior management team on a daily basis.
- * Manage benefits programs, including healthcare and pension. Assure compliance, develop policy, and maintain strong knowledge of multi-state labor and employment laws and regulations.
- * Lead Total Rewards strategy and discussions along with remuneration and compensation.
- * Work closely with the Health and Safety Department and represent the business as appropriate in any third-party employee arena.
- * Lead the organization and coordination of company employee events and employee communications, including the Global Employee Newsletter, All Hands Calls, and similar initiatives.
- * Enhance HR systems and reporting. Prepare and present monthly HR reports to senior management and prepare bi-monthly Board HR updates.
- * Effectively partner with the business in establishing and overseeing day-to-day HR operations and the delivery and development of strategic HR initiatives.
- * Understand the business and contribute to the development of the senior management team’s business plans and improved delivery through people.
- * Facilitate the company’s lean values across the business in all areas and levels.
- * Deliver organizational effectiveness and culture change initiatives, including Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), Talent Acquisition and Management, Employee Relations, and Performance Management.
- * Build and deliver programs in professional and leadership development.
- * Facilitate and/or work with outside consultants on leadership effectiveness and training.
- * Partner with leadership to develop succession planning initiatives and a strategic plan.
- * Ensure meaningful links between individuals and organizational strategy and goals.
- * Coach, mentor, and advise across the organization.
- * Support the development and lead the performance management and pay-for-performance framework in partnership with local line management.
- * Lead the development of people management skills through career pathing, training, professional development, and other innovative programs.
- * Support the introduction of high-performance culture, incentivized by people-centric practices and transparent pay and reward structures.
- * Create reward and recognition programs that are competitive, innovative, and inspiring.
Talent Acquisition & Management
- * Ensure resourcing meets current and future workforce and organizational requirements. Manage end-to-end recruitment processes for internal and external candidates.
- * Own the full employee life cycle: recruitment, onboarding, employment engagement, performance management, employee communications, training and development, policy drafting and implementation, succession planning, employee relations, and offboarding.
- * Provide insights into general workforce performance delivery, coverage issues, and labor budget costs by conducting regular reporting on workforce analytics, employee headcount, time, attendance, absenteeism, and other key indicators.
- * Oversee the company graduate and various college placement schemes that the company supports.
- * Work with organizations on securing grants (where available) and potential company resources.
- * Ensure structures enhance workforce efficiencies, decision making, communications, and employee engagement.
- * Lead the implementation and execution of new resource-planning processes.
- * Embed standards of best practice for recruitment and onboarding.
- * Assist in the development of programs to enhance the employer brand.
HR Strategy and Implementation
- * Support and deliver on the organizational strategy in line with company expectations.
- * Take a proactive involvement in the restructure of the organization, identify gaps in the business, and implement solutions to ensure success to drive the business forward.
- * Lead and participate in projects and company-wide initiatives as required.
- * Bachelor’s degree with a Master’s degree preferred in a relevant HR discipline. Professional Certification in Human Resources (PHR) also preferred.
- * At least 5 years of broad HR management experience. Strong leadership, people management, and motivational skills. Any experience in an electronic or technology manufacturing or production environment will be advantageous.
- * A strong record of achievement as a senior HR professional with prior success building, leading, and developing an HR team. Excellent leadership-development skills to develop the company’s future leaders.
- * Proven experience delivering high-value people solutions at a senior level in large organizations.
- * Demonstrated experience with culture, delivering DEI programs, employee engagement, leadership, and delivery in a complex environment. Experience with developing vision, strategy, and organizational plans.
- * Experience with building organizational capability to attract, retain, and develop talent for a multi-site, multi-country, and multicultural workforce.
- * Ability to work alongside other senior management team members and operations leaders in the delivery of the people strategy. Strategic vision and orientation with discreet and sound judgment.
- * Ability to operate with and positively influence senior management in a complex and diverse internal and external stakeholder environment. Savvy in articulating the impact of people issues on business practice and business practice on people issues.
- *Strong and current employment law knowledge with the ability to apply updated legislation to people issues. Solid knowledge of people and industrial relations policies, procedures, and practices.
- * Must thrive in a rapid-paced and dynamic environment with exceptional overall business acumen.
- * Strong organization, problem-solving, collaboration, time-management, critical-thinking, negotiating, and decision-making skills.
- * Excellent communication (written and verbal ) and project-management skills with a strong ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- * Personal commitment, motivation, high energy, and resilience.
- * Good computer skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, and HRIS functional experience.
Please send your resume to email@example.com to be considered for this role.