Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Director is directly responsible for managing and executing all aspects of the company’s compensation and performance management programs and strategies, including associated budgets valued at over $3.5M annually, to ensure compliance with company policy, employment law, and government regulations. The Director directly supervises the Assistant Director and an HR Partner. As assigned or in the absence of the CHRO, the Director is responsible for triaging urgent issues that may arise in any HR functional area, including employment and other people actions, benefits, and HR systems. The Director works closely with department heads, senior members of Administration, HR, and Finance, and other leadership, and acts as a collaborator and advisor to the HR Talent, Operations, Benefits, and HRIS teams. The current expectation for this role is a combination of in-office and at-home work. Full COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory unless prohibited due to medical or religious circumstances. Reimbursement for relocation is available.
- * Manage compensation program team member(s) and provide leadership, support, and mentorship to staff.
- * Participate as a team member of the HR management team, led by the CHRO, to develop and implement strategic and operational goals.
- * Manage, administer, audit, and report on the annual salary review and merit award process by working with all levels of management and administrative staff. Ensure the program meets all measurements of pay equity, fairness, and equitable process and meets all deadlines. Manage the programs to stay within approved budget limits.
- * Make recommendations based on sound data, internal comparative data, and well-thought-out analysis, to advise staff and management on pay decisions, job evaluations, and company policies and associated guidelines. Review proposed salary actions to assure conformity with established policies, guidelines, and pay equity laws. Compile and analyze comprehensive compensation data to identify trends, monitor internal equity, and maintain proper salary structures, including the gathering of job-level benchmarking data.
- * Plan, develop, and implement new and revised compensation programs, policies, and procedures to align with organizational goals and in response to changes in the workforce and state/federal law.
- * Ensure hiring, promotion, and compensation practices position the company to competitively recruit and retain essential talent, including effective strategies for filling in-demand positions.
- * Administer the Executive Compensation Committee compensation program.
- * Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation practices and recommend changes that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and company objectives.
- * Monitor regulations and respond to changes to ensure compliance.
- * Research and write the annual white paper, which includes narratives and supporting data, to provide a recommendation to the CHRO, CFO, and President for the company-wide annual salary increase budgets (merit and other) based on relevant market data.
- * Develop, enhance, analyze, and maintain salary administration databases and tools, salary spreadsheets, statistical graphs, and other compensation-analysis tools.
- * Research and prepare data and materials for the Executive Compensation review on behalf of the CHRO, President, and the Executive Compensation Committee, and administer the review’s outcome as appropriate.
- * Ensure participation in market surveys, compile and analyze results, and review salary structure for changes. Establish compensation benchmarks and associated ranges for all positions.
- * Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of job descriptions and perform job analyses to establish appropriate internal leveling at the job and individual level. Approve all changes to job descriptions and the critical leveling process to ensure equity in pay across the company. Determine FLSA designation for all positions and employees.
- * Lead a comprehensive review and replacement of the Performance Management Program (currently paper-based) to maximize technology solutions. Engage the community to understand needs, research modern system replacements reflective of the current needs of the company, and replace for the 2022 or 2023 performance process as indicated.
- * Conduct audits and analyses as needed to assure compliance with government regulations.
- * Respond to external audit inquiries on an annual and ad hoc basis.
- * Employ strong analytical and quantitative-method skills to perform complex work (benchmarking analysis, HRIS data/report evaluation, audits, data interpretation, etc.).
- * Use strong leadership and broad HR expertise to step in for/partner with the CHRO on C-level problems, situations, and programs, working closely with senior leadership as needed.
- * Administer processes and systems in support of departmental objectives.
- * Assist with special HR initiatives and projects as needed.
- * Respond to multiple audit requests.
- * Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study and a minimum of 15 years of progressively-responsible and broadening Human Resources experience required. Specific responsibility for compensation and performance-management programs also required. Graduate degree and/or HR certification (SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP, CCP, etc.) desirable.
- * At least 5 years of experience managing staff. Knowledge of all federal, state, and local regulations and compliance requirements related to employee compensation.
- * Broad foundation in advanced HR disciplines and in-depth knowledge of HR programs.
- * Proven commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) objectives.
- * Strong aptitude in mathematics, statistics, modeling, spreadsheets, graphing, report writing, and navigating relational databases.
- * Technically savvy and highly computer literate with strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret, communicate, and present complex data. Proficiency in MS Excel is required.
- * Readily display diplomacy, excellent decision-making skills, effective cross-cultural communication skills, and sensitivity to the needs of a cross-cultural population. Exhibit effective communication skills (both written and verbal) and strong interpersonal skills when dealing with senior management.
- * Agile, effectively prioritize work, work efficiently under pressure, successfully handle sensitive situations with a high level of professionalism, and manage multiple duties simultaneously.
- * Proactive, credible, and resourceful individual who takes initiative with little direction and successfully contributes to a team environment.
- * Attention to detail, collaborative work style, excellent time-management skills, and the ability to plan and set priorities.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this role.