Reporting to the Head of Total Rewards, the Director, Compensation and Benefits (Director) is responsible for the design, oversight, and administration of all employee compensation and benefits programs and initiatives at the firm. This will include the annual total compensation planning process, competitive pay analyses, and job infrastructure review, along with recommendations and the implementation of benefit and wellness programs. Working collaboratively with the business, HR, and Finance, the Director will be required to understand specific business needs while driving the delivery of well-considered compensation and benefit solutions and processes. This role requires strategic thinking, planning expertise, and analytical abilities. The Director will interact across all levels of the firm and with external resources, including vendors, legal counsel, and consultants.
- * Lead the design and administration of the firm’s compensation programs, including base pay management, incentive, and other variable compensation plans under the direction of the Head of Total Rewards and in collaboration with the CFO.
- * Complete hands-on competitive benchmarking, FLSA designations, base and incentive compensation, long-term incentives, investment, and executive compensation programs.
- * Prepare survey submissions for compensation and benefits, analyze results, identify trends/themes, and make recommendations to revise or enhance offerings.
- * Partner with the Head of Total Rewards on executive compensation projects and assist in the preparation of materials for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors.
- * Prepare components of offer packages for new hires, promotions, and adjustments, and prepare talent-planning budgets.
- * Produce and distribute tax and share statements and communications (K1s, tax distribution, share program statements, etc.).
- * Monitor and evaluate the firm’s benefits programs, including insurance programs, retirement plans, sick leave, time off, and vacation policies.
- * Lead annual benefits renewal process, 401(k) audit, true-up, and excess return. Ensure plan documents are maintained, revise SPDs, ensure all regulatory filings are executed, and manage annual profit share process.
- * Ensure all projects, programs, plan documentation, and communications meet applicable guidelines.
- * Coordinate with benefit providers on wellness and health education initiatives.
- * May participate in negotiating benefit coverage with benefit vendors, broker, Legal, Finance, and HR.
- * Develop and implement a comprehensive communication strategy for benefits programs.
- * Partner with HRIS in the administration and maintenance of performance management systems, annual pay cycle, and HRIS management.
- * Work on special projects for the HR team.
- * Maintain working knowledge of federal and state legislation influencing compensation and benefits.
- * Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Human Resources, Management, or other related discipline. CCP/CBP preferred.
- * 8+ years of hands-on experience with developing innovative compensation and benefits plans.
- * Financial services industry experience strongly preferred. Previous experience in a private company with complex equity programs or self-insurance is a plus.
- * High level of analytical/technical skills, financial modeling experience, and familiarity with market data surveys, compensation planning software, and HRIS integration.
- * Experience in educating employees and leadership on compensation and benefits.
- * Strong understanding of all compliance and reporting requirements relating to compensation and benefits.
- * Must be a results-driven, detail-oriented, highly-energetic team player who can function effectively and independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- * Strong project management skills with attention to detail and flexibility.
- * Ability to solve complex issues, prioritize, and take initiative.
- * Analytical, team-oriented, and collaborative individual who is able to support junior team members.
- * Exceptional skills with MS Excel, data organization, and presentation.
- * Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this role.