The Director, Benefits, Learning and Development will design, oversee, and administer all employee benefits, learning, and development programs at the firm. This will include the administration of all benefit and wellness programs, as well as providing learning and development opportunities for all employees. This role requires strategic thinking, planning expertise, and analytical abilities to work collaboratively with the business, HR, and Finance in the delivery of well-considered solutions and processes. The Director will report to the Head of Total Rewards and will interact across all levels of the organization and with external resources, including vendors, legal counsel, and consultants.
- * Monitor and evaluate the firm’s benefits programs, including insurance programs, retirement plans, sick leave, time off, and vacation policies.
- * Lead annual benefits renewal process, 401(k) audit, true-up, and excess return. Ensure plan documents are maintained, revise SPDs, ensure all regulatory filings are executed, and manage annual profit-share process.
- * Ensure all projects, programs, plan documentation, and communications meet applicable federal and local regulations and guidelines.
- * Participate in negotiating benefit coverage with benefit vendors, broker, Legal, Finance, and HR. Ensure adherence to all negotiated service-level agreements.
- * Coordinate with benefit providers on education initiatives. Develop and deliver in-house learning sessions to increase employee understanding of company provided benefits and wellness provisions.
- * Develop and implement a comprehensive annual wellness calendar that supports firm objectives and employee needs across physical, medical, and financial wellness. Seek alignment to global, national, and local wellness events.
- * Identify opportunities to partner with internal Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to provide benefits and wellness programs and provisions in support of the ERGs.
- * Seek opportunities to benchmark the firm’s benefits, wellness, and learning provisions to ensure market competitiveness. Propose opportunities to enhance programs and provisions.
- * Lead the firm’s learning and development programs and provisions. Identify and champion required learning and development for all employees.
- * Promote required learning and development programs facilitated through vendor and company platforms. Track and ensure completion of mandatory programs.
- * Identify learning and development opportunities that support specific themes, business units, and ERGs.
- * Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Human Resources, Management, or other related discipline. CBP preferred.
- * 8+ years of experience with developing and managing benefits plans.
- * Financial services industry experience preferred. Previous experience in a private company with complex programs or self-insurance is a plus.
- * Must be a results-driven, detail-oriented, and highly-energetic team player who can function effectively and independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- * Hands-on experience with creating innovative benefits and wellness programs with interest and/or experience with LMS and learning programs.
- * Experience in educating employees and leadership on all benefits programs and provisions.
- * Experience with all compliance and reporting requirements relating to medical, 401(k), and all other benefit programs and provisions.
- * Strong project-management skills with attention to detail, flexibility, and the ability to solve complex issues, prioritize, and take initiative.
- * Analytical, team-oriented, and collaborative demeanor with the ability to support junior team members.
- * Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com to be considered for this role.