As a strategic partner to the Founder & CEO, the Chief People Officer (CPO) will lead all aspects of the organization’s People/HR initiatives while aligning the function with the overall business strategy. The CPO will have outstanding vision to design a highly-functioning organization in a hyper-growth environment. Partnering with the Founder & CEO and senior leadership as a strategic cross-functional asset, the CPO will build upon the positive, engaged culture to assimilate the interests, talents, and contributions of employees to create a high-performing and inclusive workplace. The CPO will lead the People/HR team in multiple locations and manage the delivery of all People/HR services.
- * Culture & Values – Act as the ambassador of the organization’s culture, consistently identifying and reinforcing the behaviors that exemplify organizational values. Strive to advance people and implement effective strategies to promote employee engagement. Create a healthy, mission-driven organization with clear goals and transparent processes to provide clarity and maximize morale and productivity.
- * Strategic Partner – Serve as a member of the senior leadership team and a strategic partner to the Founder & CEO and senior management across the organization on the development of People/HR objectives.
- * Talent Acquisition – Lead a comprehensive talent acquisition process to attract, develop, retain, and engage a high-quality and diverse workforce. Build strategic programs to promote employer branding in support of these objectives. Design events for recruiting and onboarding.
- * Talent Management – Develop and implement long-range strategic plans to build the human capital of theorganization through performance management, coaching, and training and development, motivating individuals to achieve their maximum potential. Successfully identify and address gaps in competency, knowledge, and skill sets. Actively prepare for future succession planning and create contingency strategies throughout the organization.
- * Coaching & Development – Assess coaching and leadership development needs and partner with members of the senior leadership team to bolster the leadership skills of managers and supervisors. Direct the creation and administration of individual development plans and identify resources to deliver these programs.
- * Performance Management – Establish performance management programs that align with the values and mission of the organization. Coach management to set clear, meaningful goals and objectives, and use metrics to measure performance.
- * Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – Foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. Enhance employee engagement to create a DEI program centered on valuing and optimizing people’s differences and creating a sense of belonging. Support a data-guided approach to diversity in leadership.
- * HR Systems & Compliance – Administer HR technology to meet current and future prospective business objectives. Stay current with emerging HR technologies and implement new technology as appropriate. Confirm and maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations. Manage internal communications for all People/HR-related activity.
- * Total Rewards – Develop and lead a best-in-class Total Rewards function that will enhance existing benefits and compensation programs. Design and administer all compensation programs, including incentive plans, annual bonus plans, spot bonuses, recognition programs, and other compensation. Provide leadership around developing personalized, performance-based compensation programs to drive employee performance and engagement.
- * Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR, or related field. Master’s degree in Business or HR preferred. SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP, SPHR, and/or PHR certification a plus.
- * 10-20+ years of experience in People/HR as a high performer, including leadership and management experience. Experience in industries with significant hourly labor forces are preferred. Experience managing a bilingual workforce is also preferred with extra consideration for candidates with Spanish competency.
- * Excellent track record of leadership and team building, driving the development and evolution of high-performance cultures. High integrity individual with deep experience building and transforming a People/HR function.
- * Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask. Excellent problem-solving, conflict-management, public-speaking, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- * Prior success in creating and leading initiatives that attract, develop, and retain high-potential talent in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- * Success in designing and implementing diversity-enhancing programs and practices.
- * Ability to demonstrate an organization’s core values and reflect those values in People/HR programs.
- * Experience leading staff to implement People/HR policies and procedures using technology that improve operations, including HRIS, performance management systems, and payroll systems.
- * Strong knowledge of People/HR practices and procedures, including significant experience in employee relations. Current knowledge of multi-state and federal legal compliance regulations and policies.
- * Enthusiastic and energetic thought leader who thrives in a collaborative environment and has a creative, people-focused attitude.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this role.