The Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO) will develop and execute a dynamic human resources strategy that enables the overall business plan and long-term strategic growth. Partnering with senior leadership as a strategic business asset, the CHRO will build upon the positive, engaged culture that works to assimilate the interests, talents, and contributions of employees in a high-performing and inclusive workplace. The CHRO will continue to build upon a highly-capable HR team (currently seven members), directly lead the VP, People and Culture, and be indirectly responsible for all HR staff. This role is based in Houston, TX, and will require travel within the United States.
Partner & Advisor
- * Partner with the President & CEO in developing an organizational structure and talent strategy to accomplish the long-term strategic growth plans of the organization.
- * Function as a strategic business advisor to executive/senior management of each business unit regarding key organizational and management issues.
- * Act as the ambassador of the organization’s culture, consistently defining ways to identify and reinforce the behaviors that exemplify organization values. Strive to advance people and implement effective strategies to promote employee engagement.
Strategist & Visionary
- * Envisage, establish, and implement HR plans that support and further the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- * Innovate organizational design and development to broaden existing/build future capabilities. Change and transition leadership to seamlessly drive performance and increase effectiveness.
- * Serve as a strategic partner to senior management on the development of HR objectives as they relate to specific operations and overall business direction.
- * Provide ongoing communication and strategic counsel with/engagement of multiple stakeholder groups: executive management, shareholders, the Board of Directors, the HR team, and the broader employee population.
- * Partner with executive management to establish succession plans and scenarios for the future.
Talent Management & Development
- * With strong emphasis on talent management and preparation for growth, play a key role in improving performance around attracting, motivating, and rewarding top performers. Build the human capital of the organization through career path planning, including cross-training and developmental assignments that allow individuals to achieve their maximum potential. With managers, develop a strategy regarding succession planning and the development of high-potential leaders.
- * In coordination with the VP, People and Culture, develop comprehensive assessment, recruiting, selection, onboarding, and training processes to meet the human capital needs required to achieve long-term strategic goals.
- * Assess coaching/leadership development needs and partner with members of the senior leadership team to bolster the leadership skills of managers and supervisors. Direct the creation and administration of individual development plans and identify resources to deliver these programs.
- * Establish performance-management programs that align with the values and mission of the organization. Coach management to set clear, meaningful goals and objectives, and use metrics to measure performance.
Total Rewards, HRIS & Compliance
- * Develop and lead a best-in-class total rewards program. Continuously evaluate the market to maintain competitive benefits programs for the organization. Design and administer all compensation programs. Provide leadership around aligning and developing performance-based compensation programs to drive employee performance and engagement.
- * Ensure that HR technology is in place to meet current and future prospective business objectives. Confirm and maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations.
The successful CHRO candidate will be an HR expert who will drive initiatives in talent management, culture and team building, organizational development, and diversity, equity, and inclusion. They will possess a high level of emotional intelligence and an excellent track record of leadership and team building, consistently driving the development and evolution of high-performance cultures. Additional criteria for the CHRO role include:
- * A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is required. A Master’s Degree in Human Resources (or a related field) or an MBA is preferred.
- * A minimum of 15 years of multi-disciplinary business experience with at least 5 years of executive-level HR experience. Experience in privately-held, family-owned businesses desired. Experience leading in national and/or multi-location environments preferred.
- * Highly discerning when it comes to talent selection with exceptional skills in talent assessment.
- * Collaborative team player the ability to promote a positive image of shareholders and the organization by adhering to a high level of professional standards and ethics.
- * Demonstrated success in creating and leading initiatives that attract, develop, and retain high-potential talent in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- * Proven ability to work both strategically and tactically, excellent reasoning and problem-solving skills, a strong customer focus, and strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- * The ability to develop an independent point of view and coach executive management on all aspects of organizational design and talent management.
- * An enthusiastic and energetic thought leader who thrives in a collaborative environment and has a creative, engaging, and people-focused attitude.
- * The ability to maintain professional and technical knowledge as it relates to HR, including thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- * Exceptional interpersonal, conflict-resolution, and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- * Must be willing to take on a variety of assignments, as dictated by management, within HR and other areas of the organization (if necessary).
- * Bilingual (English/Spanish) or fluent in English/conversational in Spanish a plus.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this role.