Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, you will partner with the VP and other HR colleagues to translate business priorities into HR plans and deliverables while providing operational HR support to the Research, Development, Commercial, and G&A groups. You will support the building of a positive, engaged culture consistent with the Company’s mission and values that work to assimilate the interests, talents, and contributions of its employees in a dynamic environment.
- * Partner with key stakeholders to identify organizational goals and priorities, and translate priorities into the development and implementation of HR-related solutions.
- * Establish credibility throughout the organization, and set an example as a proactive HR practitioner who earns respect by demonstrating sound understanding of business objectives and thoughtful identification and execution of HR solutions.
- * Proactively identify potential roadblocks and opportunities, and leverage HR expertise and other resources to provide input and solutions.
- * Promote an HR culture of approachability, confidentiality, and responsiveness, model the Company’s core values, and drive achievement and issue resolution. Identify and drive improvement opportunities in the delivery of HR services.
- * Help build and maintain effective linkages across the HR disciplines (including Shared Services) to ensure the design and delivery of HR solutions across the enterprise through proactive planning, communication, and shared accountability.
- * Provide leadership/management coaching and feedback, acting as a “sounding board“ for managers and the general employee population on business and people priorities.
- * Partner with leaders to initiate and implement the optimal organizational structure to accomplish business objectives, leverage and retain talent, and drive engagement. Help shape the Company’s business operating culture.
- * Develop and lead projects and/or partner with third-party resources to drive HR solutions.
- * Ensure that HR policies are current and learning/training systems and processes support the needs of the business.
- * Manage the resolution of complex employee relations issues, leading/assisting in the investigation of employee complaints and partnering with legal counsel. Advise and counsel management regarding appropriate disciplinary actions to create consistency and ensure minimal legal risk.
- * Analyze turnover, exit interview, and other key HR data to proactively identify trends, and provide/enact recommendations for improvement.
- * Support the development of the HR budget and potentially manage certain aspects of that budget.
- * Establish collaborative and productive relationships with colleagues from the parent company, internal/external partners, and relevant affiliates.
- * Coordinate the planning and execution of annual HR processes, including goal setting, performance evaluation, merit/promotion decisions, compensation planning, and talent management.
- * Travel requirements subject to business needs (estimated ~15%).
- * MBA or MS in Organizational Development, Human Resource Management, or related field preferred.
- * 12 to 15+ years of demonstrated experience as an HR practitioner with progressive HR generalist responsibilities. General expertise in all facets of HR. Knowledge of Japanese culture preferred.
- * Significant background in the life sciences sector (pre/commercial stage biotech, pharmaceutical, and/or medical device companies).
- * Demonstrated business acumen, a data-driven methodology, and the well-developed ability to align people strategy and initiatives with overall business needs.
- * Proven ability to develop relationships and partnerships at all levels of the organization.
- * Demonstrated track record of exhibiting strong leadership and influencing skills.
- * Ability to leverage analytics to help leaders make insightful and informed decisions.
- * Skilled conflict resolution facilitator, particularly around sensitive issues. Excellent problem solver with demonstrated creativity and resourcefulness.
- * Track record of working collaboratively to build strong relations across business groups/functions.
- * Results driven and able to work independently, exercise sound judgment, and think on your feet.
- * Agile, flexible, and comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- * Agile learner with the capacity to learn, grow, and assume expanded duties as the business evolves.
- * Ability to think strategically and consistently deliver tactical results.
- * Knowledge of relevant federal, state, and local legislation relating to Human Resources, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Affirmative Action, ADA, FMLA, etc.
- * Detail focused with the established ability to effectively handle multiple priorities while honoring commitments to deliver high-quality results.
- * Exceptional verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this role.